Supermicro Kit in the UK

Hi all,

I'm looking to put together a firewall/UTM appliance using some Supermicro kit:

Case: CSE-503-200B
Mobo/CPU: X7SPA-HF-D525

I'm looking for advice on the cheapest way to get this kit in the UK.

I have read a few posts on [H] saying people are importing it from the US for roughly half the price after customs/tax.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with importing Supermicro products to the UK? Or has any suggestions on who to use?

Any ideas/help/tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks Dash. I have looked on eBay as that was my first idea but it doesn't really have the selection I'm after.. I was looking for suggested retailers in the US that people might of used to import

Thanks Dash. I have looked on eBay as that was my first idea but it doesn't really have the selection I'm after.. I was looking for suggested retailers in the US that people might of used to import

Think your best bet, that i know of would be to contact newegg.com and see if they ship to uk, if not then might be a challange unless you can google "supermicro" in uk distributors.

mmm, google shopping finds a few uk sellers for that case but the cost is way higher than in the US. Supermicro list a few dealers on their site who might be worth checking out (don't bother with avnet if you are a private customer though, from what I hear they outright refuse to deal with private individuals).

I know newegg won't sell outside the US. Tigerdirect apparently will but only if you pay them by wire transfer.

Thanks all.

Dash - I understand the concept of searching for Supermicro products. It's not that you won't find any retailers, you will but they are so much more expensive than in the US mainly because there is one company in the UK that sell Supermicro products (boston.co.uk). Since they are the sole distributors they can choose there own price.

I have checked out newegg but they won't ship out of the US.

Thanks Plugwash I will check out the Tigerdirect and see what they can offer.

Back