• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Supermicro H8DME-2

BLACK@BLUE

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
70
Hello, I want to know if anyone has had this motherboard running with regular ddr2 800 memory? SUPERMICRO'S web site just shows ecc reg but I don't know enough about computers to know if thats set in stone.

TY in advance for any help.
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure those boards only take ecc reg. memory.
 
Socket F chips only work with Registered ECC not non-ecc, not unbuffered ECC and not Fully Buffered ECC (FB-DIMMs).
 
yeah, DDR2 ECC only; get it off Ebay, and don't buy it if it's over $5/GB
 
Thanks for info, I got 8gig per board but its 667, it can take 800 and dont know if thats a big difference or any at all but I wanted to make sure on my options if I wanted to go 800.
 
Ty for that info, they are supported but I guess there is no real need to upgrade ram. You know even tho i'm on a very tight budget I want things to be the best they can be production wise.
 
Back
Top