Supermicro 5015a-ehf

BigBadAl

Limp Gawd
OK, I`m all set to upgrade my old Compaq IPCop to a much better, neater and more powerful system (the 5015a-ehf from Supermicro) but two main problems are hindering me...

The first is availability, trying to source this system in the UK is a nightmare, and the second is that when I do find one they want silly money for it.

For instance I found a supplier who could get one with the shortest lead time (3-5 days) they wanted £395.05 with taxes which is roughly $522.23 :eek::mad:

Now Newegg.com has them (as per link above) for a little short of $360 which translates roughly to £226.81!

I`m lost, I can`t see why something that costs $x in USA when brought over here becomes £xxx. It`s ridiculous!

I`ve even been on the phone to Supermicro themselves (in the UK, I`m not made of money!:D) and it was they who suggested the EHF model, apparently that`s the one that comes with the correct riser to fit an add-on card with.

Anyway, anyone with any info regarding suppliers in the UK for reasonable money or even a US supplier that will ship to UK for reasonable money please help me out here..

or even anyone wishing to sell one they already have.... I don`t wany anything for nothing here, but I refuse to be ripped off again by good old rip-off-Britain!! :mad::mad:

Rant over:D:D

Been there, done that, no joy...

The 5105A-ehf get no results

Look....

The Supermicro.co.uk website shows them, but they won`t sell them retail to average Joe/end users and all the suppliers they reccomend want silly numbers for them....

If I search Ebay for just 5105A... I get a few but they`re all the 5105A-H which is an old model AND only has Realtek NIC`s... Oh, and they`re in the USA.

I can`t seem to win!:mad::confused::rolleyes:

Back