Superglue Temperature Tolerance

Zoogle

Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
752
A very quick question for you guys. I hope someone knows the answer!

I want to superglue two pieces of metal together but the metal may get toasty (60-65C). Does standard superglue still hold at those temperatures or will the bond break?
 
The melting point of set superglue is 368°F/187°C. No piece of consumer hardware is likely going to reach that temp.
 
If it were to meet or exceed those temperatures then I would say you have a more important issue to worry about :D
 
If it were to meet or exceed those temperatures then I would say you have a more important issue to worry about :D

Yes, such as what you are going to use to roast your turkey in for thanksgiving, your computer, or your oven...
 
Cool. Guess I know what I'll be cooking my Thanksgiving turkey in. They say smoking silicon adds flavor.

Thanks guys.
 
Hi. I hope you ca help me. I just glued two pieces of metal, with crazy glue, on a espresso machine. It's exactly where the water comes out before passing through the coffe. My question is, is it safe to make coffe and would the heat and hot water realize toxins into the coffee? I run it a couple of times and the glue seems to hold, for now. Thank you in advance.
 
Hi. I hope you ca help me. I just glued two pieces of metal, with crazy glue, on a espresso machine. It's exactly where the water comes out before passing through the coffe. My question is, is it safe to make coffe and would the heat and hot water realize toxins into the coffee? I run it a couple of times and the glue seems to hold, for now. Thank you in advance.
 
if the super glue package says non-toxic on it then you should be safe, might get a hint of a glue taste though.
 
Back
Top