• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

supercharged i7 920

Sweet!

Tired of my regular, non-supercharged i7 920. Time to get in the fast lane. Too bad he only has one of them.
 
I like to consider myself a PRO, and I'd also like to think that all of the codes have equal meaning to the potential max clock of the processor. Call me an amateur if you must.
 
lol

It didn't get all that expensive and if it does what they say it does then it would be a good deal I suppose.

I just don't think I would trust an e-bay ad for this type of product. If it was coming from a reputable OC'ing site or something then I think it would be more worth it.

Edit: Actually looked at his feedback, seems pretty legit, there were a few other sales of core i7 with different volts clocks too, so they are definitely testing them.
 
1. His title is a complete violation of eBay rules & policy.

2. 4.2GHz @ 1.373v is no special feat. I've seen people get that with much lower voltages.

3. Says it passes tests at 97C, but that's much too hot by any reasonable measure.

4. Gotta love the "smells like bullshit" picture. Even the seller can't handle his own crap.

5. Appreciate the comparison of a "supercharged" i7 920 to a stock i7 975. Apples and oranges, anyone?

6. Love that someone actually paid $441 for this chip. Stupid/ignorant people really do exist.
 
Back
Top