• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Super Talent?

I own a pair of these and they do perform really well, especially for the price. Any other memory I've seen that can achieve similar timings are about $100+ more expensive. This is part of a thread I made at another forum:

*Note: Because of my current processor and motherboard (see sig) I can't go over 2.1v for the memory or push the speed of the memory any higher than 667MHz. Even so I bought this pair of modules because I plan upgrading my CPU/mobo when AM2 or Conroe comes out.*

That being said, I am very impressed with the timings the Super Talent 2GB (2 x 1GB)T800UX2GC4 DDR2-800MHz memory can achieve at 667MHz and 1.8v.

I know that tRAS makes very little difference in speed, but still I am quite pleased of how low it can go:
f03bb59b94.jpg
46a2db8df8.jpg
dc8ddaadcc.jpg


cf9d423b11.jpg


I know the following scores aren't very impressive, but it's mainly because of my crappy CPU.

Oddly enough, I actually achieved the highest benchmarks with 3-3-3-2 timings rather than 3-3-3-1 or any other timing (I tested all tRAS from 8-1).

Check out the complete thread HERE.

From what I've seen other people do in other threads with this memory, it can overclock really well too.
 
Having once done a build-quality benchmarking evaluation of a number of DDR-I SO-DIMMs, the 'SuperTalent' parts were about the worst-built parts in the group. They ran okay but were amazingly fragile.
 
FullertonAve said:
Having once done a build-quality benchmarking evaluation of a number of DDR-I SO-DIMMs, the 'SuperTalent' parts were about the worst-built parts in the group. They ran okay but were amazingly fragile.
Guess they've come a long way since then, cuz these modules are rocking! I can't wait to upgrade to Core 2 Duo so I can really exploit the potential of this memory !
 
MakubexGB said:
Guess they've come a long way since then, cuz these modules are rocking! I can't wait to upgrade to Core 2 Duo so I can really exploit the potential of this memory !


I'm with you.

Just got my "Bad Axe" today, and picked up 4x1GB sticks of this stuff.

We will see what these babies can do, once Conroe comes out. :D
 
shanetrain said:
I'm with you.

Just got my "Bad Axe" today, and picked up 4x1GB sticks of this stuff.

We will see what these babies can do, once Conroe comes out. :D
I'm waiting for the new ASUS Core 2 Duo ready boards to come out. :D
 
Back
Top