Super Smash Brothers Brawl

37.442pi days.

Duh.

:p

Agree with bringing Wolf into Brawl!

Someone else I'd like to see - Simon Belmont

Actually since I haven't said it before, my Brawl roster would go like this, hopefully Nintendo gets some of them added.

Returning Chars:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Captian Falcon
Gannondorf
Link
Fox
Falco
Marth
Ness
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Pickachu
Kirby
Zelda
Samus
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers: (Confirmed)

Pit
Wario
Zamus (Zero-Suit Samus)
Snake
MetaKnight

Possible newcomers:

Sonic
King DeeDeeDee
Diddy Kong
Wolf
Samuri Gorah
Krystal
Megaman
Bomberman
Geno
Paper Mario
Lucario
Black Shadow
Little Mac
Ridley
Captain Olmair

How about Wind Waker Zelda ? Sounds pretty reasonable :)

And it would be cool if Link could turn into his Wolf form, just like Zelda could transform into Sheik on SSBM

I hope Nintendo doesn't get lazy this time and put a bunch of clones (slight changes, but yeah, pretty much clones) in the game this time.

I hope Nintendo doesn't get lazy this time and put a bunch of clones (slight changes, but yeah, pretty much clones) in the game this time.

I think they won't add very many clones around this time, although they might still add a few of them to get the numbers up really high if they feel like it.

I'm just looking to finally being able to play Wario.
This is the game that made me buy a Wii. Hopefully it'll be out sooner than later.

I'm just looking to finally being able to play Wario.
This is the game that made me buy a Wii. Hopefully it'll be out sooner than later.

Wario could be interesting.

I just want them to add sega characters. You know that would be interesting. Have an attack where the virtual on mechs attack everyone on screen. Maybe have night fly buy and tear someone up.

Hell I want to fight as the daytona usa like I could in fighters megamix. That was just too funny.

Even with who they have already said will be in it I can't wait. This is one of the few games I'm really looking forward too on the wii(mario galaxy is just looking too weird)

Most of the charactures where fairly balanced in Melee, although Fox, Marth, Shiek and Falco where a little on the overpowered side.

Jiggly Puff: L/R + B takes priority over pretty much every single possible attack, except maybe the hammer. Seriously, throw a bat at her while she's doing that and she'll punch the bat away.

Peach: Down + A (or c-stick down): does ~70% damage every time and is highly combo-able. I've seen new players user her, mash down-c and beat people who've been playing for years.

I also wish they would improve the hit detection. If Link is doing Up/Down-A in the air, his whole body is a weapon, not just his sword. In fact, if you jump with link, do Up-A, you can actually fall on somebody and damage them, as long as your sword is still pointed up.

Finally, I hate it when somebody on your left hits you, and you go flying behind them. I think Nintendo likes randomness for the sake of randomness a little too much.

Smash Brothers is a neat game because no matter how simple and childish it seems, it's actually a really good fighting game. Yes, there's a random element not present in most other games, but there's a lot a technique a precision that you might not see at first.
There's a VERY serious community for this game, much like Street Fighter, Tekken, VF, etc.
There will always be a party element (and 4-player chaos) that keeps it fun for anyone, but there are some insane die-hards out there.
I'm psyched to play the game, online or not. I *hope* there's an online element, but if there isn't I'll still be happy.

Jiggly Puff: L/R + B takes priority over pretty much every single possible attack, except maybe the hammer. Seriously, throw a bat at her while she's doing that and she'll punch the bat away.

Peach: Down + A (or c-stick down): does ~70% damage every time and is highly combo-able. I've seen new players user her, mash down-c and beat people who've been playing for years.

I also wish they would improve the hit detection. If Link is doing Up/Down-A in the air, his whole body is a weapon, not just his sword. In fact, if you jump with link, do Up-A, you can actually fall on somebody and damage them, as long as your sword is still pointed up.

Finally, I hate it when somebody on your left hits you, and you go flying behind them. I think Nintendo likes randomness for the sake of randomness a little too much.

Seriously Smash Brothers is a game about skill, no one has ever been able to beat me that hasn't had some serious practice with the game before.

Another cool one would be Maximo, from that PS2 game. It was a decent platforming game, and he was a cool character.

Seriously Smash Brothers is a game about skill, no one has ever been able to beat me that hasn't had some serious practice with the game before.

Yeah, Smash Bros. is actually a surprisingly deep fighting game if you want to get REALLY good at it. It's just a game where newbs/button mashers can enjoy as much as experts/vets.

Skill definitely plays a part, but when there are 4 players going at it at the same time...other people can definitely cancel out skill advantages. Even average players can screw up strategies, safe hiding spots, etc.
It doesn't mean that the best player won't win, but I've seen many a 1-on-1 wizard struggle in 4-player melee.

Skill definitely plays a part, but when there are 4 players going at it at the same time...other people can definitely cancel out skill advantages. Even average players can screw up strategies, safe hiding spots, etc.
It doesn't mean that the best player won't win, but I've seen many a 1-on-1 wizard struggle in 4-player melee.

Yeah, like me. A friend and I won a competition in Rochester for melee, I am pretty good at it, but I will not play 4 player unless it is a casual setting. The best players can easily be totally screwed up by beginners in 4 player, most of the boards are too small to avoid their random bullshit. That is really the problem too, their randomness. Skilled players can find patterns and tactics used by their opponents and counter them, but newbies are so random and do such stupid things it totally throws you off. Don't get me wrong in 1 on 1 I have never lost a match outside of that tournament, but in 4 player it just gets too chaotic sometimes.

Yeah, like me. A friend and I won a competition in Rochester for melee, I am pretty good at it, but I will not play 4 player unless it is a casual setting. The best players can easily be totally screwed up by beginners in 4 player, most of the boards are too small to avoid their random bullshit. That is really the problem too, their randomness. Skilled players can find patterns and tactics used by their opponents and counter them, but newbies are so random and do such stupid things it totally throws you off. Don't get me wrong in 1 on 1 I have never lost a match outside of that tournament, but in 4 player it just gets too chaotic sometimes.

I think the fact that 4 player becomes "the great equalizer" is something that makes the Smash Brothers games perfect for a very wide audience. I've played a lot of games with people of mixed skill sets, and as long as you can grasp the concept of the controls, you can reasonably compete with each other. I think the fast paced randomness helps everyone get really into the game, regardless of skill level.

This stands in contrast to other games where having one player of a higher skill level destroying someone of a lower skill level doesn't turn out to be a lot of fun for either person. I think the accessibility of Smash Brothers helps make it so popular.

Well that and the fact that it's awesome, anyway. ;)

Back