• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

super noobish question, RE: crossfire.

Noetic

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
1,299
This is my first crossfire, so a little help would be appreciated.

I had a 4870 for the longest time and had the good fortune of grabbing another at a great price (thank you, Rydawg).

Both cards are installed and a single crossfire strap was placed (I cannot locate the other at this time). Drivers were updated, crossfire box checked in the ATI Catalyst control center. Oddly, the control center only mentions one card (device manager sees both). Frankly, I do not know if I am seeing all that great of a boost. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly.

Sapphire 4870
Visiotek 4870

ASUS P5Q PRO 775 P45 motherboard.
8GB corsair DDR2

Thanks in Advance.
david
 
Nothing is displayed in the CrossFireX Diagnostics status box.
 
Best thing to do:

Right click your ATi Logo in your task bar.

1st, See if there is 2 cards listed.

If so, pick the first card, go to CrossFireX settings, and check to see if there is an option to show the crossfire logo in games.

Check it, and open up a game, see if the icon shows up.

Also, make sure you have Catalyst A.I enabled.
 
Two cards listed....
I just checked the show crossfire logo
Catalyst AI..... should it be standard or advanced?

thanks again!
 
The Xfire message is displayed..... cool.

Hmmm.. anyway to get my overclocking back?
 
Back
Top