super noob

kinson

Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
772
ok I am seriously a super noob at over clocking, I've read through all the guides in the links above but I'm still so lost...

I run a amd64x2 4200, 2gigs of pc3200 corsair, evga 7800gtoc all on a gigabyte ga-k8nxp-sli... I'm trying to oc in the bios but I am so freaking confused... I dont want to oc so much that it generates alot of heat but I want enough to where I can get a better performance through games...

I mean I can already run fear at full specs at like 50-60 fps but I am just really interested in knowing how to achieve more if I should need to... all help will be greatly appreciated :)

I use air cooling and my cpu idles around 25c and when under stress sits around 32c...
 
what games do you play and at what resolution (also do you always run at max detail levels?)? Most modern games and the settings people play them at are GPU limited, so it is likely you can gain more by overclocking your video cards.
 
I usually run at 1280x1024, fear I have to run at 1024x768... I know that is gpu related... but if you increase the ht and so on of the processor will it not increase speeds of the video card as well ?? if not how do I obtain the highest and best performance through the video card by oc'ing and whats a good program or how would I do it through the bios ??

and also some of the problems can be because of increased sound performance... I dont use a sound card I use integrated... how would I fix that up ??
 
Back
Top