• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Super Meat Boy

darksonic

Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
677
Anybody else pick this up? So far it is definitely my game of the year. Tight controls (using 360 controller) and great gameplay make this a fantastic game. Still blown away by the fact it was put together by just two people.

If you haven't picked it up on Steam yet I highly suggest it. It's worth every penny. Oh, did I mention this game is hard?

So far I'm on level 7 of chapter 2. I 100%'d Chapter 1 but it wasn't easy.
 
I think I will get it for this weekend. I haven't played a platformer worthy in ages.
 
It's kind of a puzzle platformer. Each level has a par time, which is essentially your goal time. The objective is to get to Bandage girl within the par time. You won't fail if you're slow, you just won't get an A+ rating. There are warp zones which give the game a Retro look and feel.

The game also features a multitude of other characters from Indie and big name games you can play as. For example you can unlock the guy from Minecraft and a headcrab from Half-Life.
 
It kind of reminds me of the player made race levels in teeworlds, looks sorta fun.
 
I pre-ordered it for $10 but haven't really had any time to play it. I spent 5 minutes on it so far and it looks to be every bit as difficult as claimed... but is clearly better suited to a gamepad than a keyboard. I hope that changes with practice since I don't really want to buy an expensive gamepad to play a cheap game.
 
I preordered it the day it was available and played quite a bit yesterday. It's pretty fucking awesome, and damn hard too. Brings me back to the good old days :). A controller is definitely required for best results though.
 
+1 on the controller being required for hard levels and good time scores. i dont think the keyboard can vary your speed aside from sprint/ not sprinting. with the joystick you can inch forward slowly increase speed which is pretty much required when theres all kinds of boobytraps and shit flying at you if you are a millimeter or nanosecond off on timing.
 
It's fun with the keyboard, I just die a LOT. I just need to get myself a controller and then I'll be g2g for cleaning up all the rest of the hard parts. Also, they are planning on putting in steam cloud save games, so another plus to the game. Right now I have 2 saves going, one on my desktop and the other on my laptop.

Twitter src on steam cloud
 
A fun and challenging game. Im stuck on one of the warp zones in chapter one, havent tried the later levels yet.
 
SMB is 100% win. They also get mad props for trollin' PETA into making Super Tofu Boy then stealing Tofu Boy as a "secret" shitty character in SMB. Epic
 
Its really fun. By the time I completed the first boss level I had the map memorized cause I had attempted it so many times. The problem with puzzle games for me is that I get frustrated very easily so its hard to enjoy it.
 
I'm making my way through it, definitely a fun game. I found The Kid's warpzone yesterday and tried to pass the first level for about 15mins...maybe I'll come back to that one later.
 
I'm making my way through it, definitely a fun game. I found The Kid's warpzone yesterday and tried to pass the first level for about 15mins...maybe I'll come back to that one later.
It took me about an hour and a half to beat all three levels.
 
I dont think I have cussed so much at a video game ever... those damn warp zones - i just hate having to reload constantly.
 
ill wait until its 2.50 on steam.. this type of game isnt worth 10bux to me.. looks like fun though and i enjoyed the demo.. what i DONT enjoy is dieing over and over and over trying to beat one level.. there needs to be a difficulty balance in games so you dont drive people to insanity and make them just quit heh
 
ill wait until its 2.50 on steam.. this type of game isnt worth 10bux to me.. looks like fun though and i enjoyed the demo.. what i DONT enjoy is dieing over and over and over trying to beat one level.. there needs to be a difficulty balance in games so you dont drive people to insanity and make them just quit heh
If you just want to beat the game, it isn't too hard. The difficult part is beating all the alternate levels, warpzones, and collecting the bandages, which is all optional. It's basically a bonus challenge for people who want to go back to the good old days of NES and SNES games that were ridiculously difficult.
 
If you just want to beat the game, it isn't too hard. The difficult part is beating all the alternate levels, warpzones, and collecting the bandages, which is all optional. It's basically a bonus challenge for people who want to go back to the good old days of NES and SNES games that were ridiculously difficult.

oh ok cool, thx for the info :)
 
Back
Top