Super low profile case casters / wheels?

MikeDeuce

Limp Gawd
Anyone know of any low profile casters for a case? I only need it to roll forward and backward if that helps at all. This is for a 4u case that I am flat mounting in my stereo cabinet.

Thanks!
-mike

I would use a bottom mounted drawer track/slide. look at the hardware store get a good one w/ ball bearings and suitable for the weight load.

What about those "as seen on TV" furniture mover pads. They normally go under your kitchen table legs or under your couch or fridge. They are very thin (at most 1/2 inch) and very cheap.

another thing that would work well, would be a pair of rollers. The kind used for industrial conveyor belts.

I was originally thinking about the slippy plastic adhesive furniture jobbies, and that is still my backup plan, but the drawer idea sounds king as I don't have to worry about the case when I pull it out (assuming I can find rails that will support its weight).

Those rollers are also a clever idea, not sure how easy that would be to source, but also a valid backup plan.

And I guess as the most expensive plan, I could always get proper rackmount sliding rails, but the prices for those guys are scary.

Thanks again, all!

Back