Super light/thin laptop

zoobaby

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking for a light thin laptop similar to the Macbook air. Would prefer a 15 inch screen though. Mainly looking to use for business school, so lots of Excel usage.

Sony Vaio Pro and Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus but both only go up to 13.3. Samsung ATIV Book 9 goes up to 15.

Thanks Jim...given the pricing, not so sure. May just upgrade an older 15" laptop and deal with the weight.

Thanks Jim...given the pricing, not so sure. May just upgrade an older 15" laptop and deal with the weight.

Ultrabooks past 14in are very pricey.....the thinner the bigger the more $$$$

Any other details aside from just light with a 15" screen? Budget constraints? etc.

Ultrabooks past 14in are very pricey.....the thinner the bigger the more $$$$

Yeah I knew that much. Just surprised there wasn't a bigger price difference when compared to a Macbook Air.

Any other details aside from just light with a 15" screen? Budget constraints? etc.

Honestly, not really any constraints, I could spend more but don't really want to. Mainly going to be a light use machine for school (MBA program, so expect Excel to be the biggest program) and travel.

The just-announced Thinkpad T440s (haswell model) sounds interesting: 14" 1080p display, 3.5lbs, and presumably Thinkpad build quality (to be safe I'd wait for reviews to confirm though).

The just-announced Thinkpad T440s (haswell model) sounds interesting: 14" 1080p display, 3.5lbs, and presumably Thinkpad build quality (to be safe I'd wait for reviews to confirm though).

Saw some pics. 1080p looks tempting. Hate the change to the touchpad and lack of separate/physical buttons for the touchpoint.

Edit: Thought I would add a link to some of the pics from ars.

Last edited:
Back