Sunrocket on lifesupport

our friends next door also have sunrocket, their phone works fine. ours doesnt... on hold now with ViaTalk... I wonder if I will hear good news or bad..

and why isnt this on hards front page i sent in an email this morring....:confused:

well.... viatalk is taking all SR customers with a special deal as described on slickdeals.

12 months for 199, 3 months free, and they honor whatever amount of months you have left with SR - UP TO 12 months.

they use the same gizmo as SR did, but the tech told me that SR gizmo is locked. so you need to wait for the ViaTalk gizmo to come in the mail. I have been able to log in through the admin account - after reading dslreports thread - dont know if logging in as admin into a VOIP box is hacking, so I wont post a link HOW to do it. just google it up yourself.

I think I am going to call Road Runner and sign up for their VOIP tommorow... running a special deal in my area..

good luck to all on getting their phone back up.

Good thing I just signed up for viatalk a couple weeks ago, instead of sunrocket. Also got in on the $199 for 12 months + 12 months free.

well.... viatalk is taking all SR customers with a special deal as described on slickdeals.

12 months for 199, 3 months free, and they honor whatever amount of months you have left with SR - UP TO 12 months.

they use the same gizmo as SR did, but the tech told me that SR gizmo is locked. so you need to wait for the ViaTalk gizmo to come in the mail. I have been able to log in through the admin account - after reading dslreports thread - dont know if logging in as admin into a VOIP box is hacking, so I wont post a link HOW to do it. just google it up yourself.

I think I am going to call Road Runner and sign up for their VOIP tommorow... running a special deal in my area..

http://www.sunrocketforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2302&start=195
this thread has the admin pass to unlock your gizmo

HOLY CRAP!!

That's why my parents left a VM last night that their service was not working. I realy dont have time to deal with setting them up a with a new service right at this moment.

Ok so what are a couple of good BYOD (Bring Your Own Device ) providers. I have a couple of Linksys ATA's here.

http://www.viatalk.com/

Viatalk is buying out SR contracts atm i think you have till midnight tonight to take there deal

also Skype is nice i use it and you can get every thing from cheap adapters for your POTS phone to self contained Wi-fi ones with WPA2 support

My friend recently got Digital Phone and i didn't even notice they changed
until i was there and saw the phone line connected to a modem.
Great quality sound imo.

for some reason SR came back online for me today... didnt work around 5 PM, when i decided to check it for "the hell of it" it worked! able to make calls, receive. now it stopped again, even though the green light is still for "line 1"

for some reason SR came back online for me today... didnt work around 5 PM, when i decided to check it for "the hell of it" it worked! able to make calls, receive. now it stopped again, even though the green light is still for "line 1"

yea it will work until Friday at the latest but do not power cycle it or it wont ever come back
you can check the DSL Reports Sunrocket boards if you want to unlock your gizmo

the provising servers are offline for good so your going to get some service till it needs to re-provision at the end of the week

Back