Sunbeamtech Windmill......

Moose777

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
2,741
Does anyone else have this fan controller?

And if so, does anyone else have problems with it keeping yoru settings?

It seems that as soon as I shut my rig down for any length of time it loses all of the settings and I ahve to reset them everytime I turn the machine on. It's annoying.

And whats more is why can't I find a no-hassle fan controller? I want to beat something. First my Cooldrive 6 is a pos and now this Sunbeamtech Chromatic Windmill fan controller is about a week old and it too is turning out to be a big pile of shit. I'm about to install the dial fan controllers on all my fans now and put them all in a seperate box to control them.

I mean I'm finidng it quite irritating that in the past 6 months I've bought two different types of fan controllers and they are both garbage.

Sure the Windmill gives you two batteries but are thye both dead? Seriously, they are supposed to be brand new batteries but they don't keep the memory at all. So what friggin' good is having batteries in the damn thing?
 
I kept getting errors with it. I'd install the software set it up and it'd crash a few days later. I got tired of setting it up. And it appears that this Windmill is doing pretty much the same thing except that there is no software to load onto Windows its just not keeping it's settings.

I'm about to fire up F.E.A.R. this morning so I'll see if the fresh battery I installed in it helped. If so I still have a gripe about the batteries lasting for 2-3 days before they die. Those little batteries aren't cheap.
 
Nope, new battery didn't help. In fact the POS just stopped working completely. I had to take it out of my rig (which I seem to do on a daily basis) and reset it. Now I have to go back and reset the fucking thing again. I'm gonna shoot an email to xoxide.com and see what kind of warranty this POS has or what I can do to return/exchange it.

Anybody have any suggestions on a really really good fan controller that can control up to 8 fans?

This shit is rediculous.

I'm just glad I didn't hook up the proc fan to it and as of now I've only got case fans running to it so my rig isn't completely uncooled.
 
Xoxide.com came through. I emailed them and they said they'd RMA it for a replacement or refund depending on what I wanted to do.

They said it sounds as though it's defective. So, I'm gonna send it back and get a new one since I do like it.
 
It's an awesome controller. It still works now but it intermitantly stops working, it usually happens when my rig has been off for a while. Then I have to uninstall the thing to reset it.

It's pretty easy to operate. The directions it comes with are a bit on the vague side but if you screw around with the buttons you can figure out what does what.

Its nice because it controls 7 fans, has 3 temp probes. Is easy to wire everything is labeled nicely. It's pretty well made as well. I don't know what happened to mine though. I'd take some pics of it but since my rig has been off for a day and a half it probably doesn't work now and I don't feel like messing with it right now.

I'll get some pics of the new one when it comes in.
 
Xoxide.com issued me my RMA code for replacement. But now the damned thing is working great. I haven't had any problems with it blacking out or stop working.

Do I retuurn it or keep it?

If I return it that means I can't use the computer for 7 days since I won't have 4 of the fans working. Which means no more F.E.A.R. until I get teh new controller and install it.
 
Moose777 said:
Xoxide.com issued me my RMA code for replacement. But now the damned thing is working great. I haven't had any problems with it blacking out or stop working.

Do I retuurn it or keep it?

If I return it that means I can't use the computer for 7 days since I won't have 4 of the fans working. Which means no more F.E.A.R. until I get teh new controller and install it.

would it be too hard to rewire some fans so they DO work while you don't have a fan controller?

also - is it really necessary you have a million fans in the first place? what have you done with your PC where you can't use 4 fans because they're "unwirable"?
 
I haven't done anything to them.

And yes, it is necessary to have all the fans.

No A/C = overheated PC.
 
Back
Top