• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sunbeam Rhoebus Extreme

freaksavior

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
1,155
I have this
sbrbe18.jpg

IMG_2364.JPG


Here are pics of the inside

sbrbe13.jpg

sbrbe14.jpg

sbrbe15.jpg


Does anyone know of a way to get the knobs off? i want to mod the leds to make them red!

I have stuck it in the freezer thinking maybe the glue would break, pulled them with pliers, and got flat (litterally) and tried to pry them off that way, no lock.

I either need some clear knobs to replace those with or help getting them off.
 
Cant find replacement knobs like that and I looked hard even checking chinese manuf on B2B network.

you tried freezing only thing I could think of would be boiling water, difficult and still not sure it would work. Hard to tell exactly from picture but I am assuming there is absolutley no way to get that front panel off unless the knobs are removed ?
 
yeah, pretty much, there isnt enough space in between the metal and the pcb.

sunbeam wont return my e-mails or calls.
 
/agree (I had found your other posts while searching)

As I mentioned I could not find clear knobs anywhere, so if you bust them I have no clue where you can find some that will let the leds shine through with your modded color which was the whole point.

If it were me, I would be looking at trimming off some of the metal on the top and bottom "overhangs" (should not be visible when installed) and see if I could get to those LEDs from the rear. So hard to tell from pictures but /shrug.
 
if you found my other thread i had taken some better pics of the led positions.

im out of ideas.
 
Back
Top