Suitcase Computer - modding in general

provoko

Gawd
Hey folks. I'm building a suitcase computer for a friend. I'm looking for advice on bracing computer parts to a suitcase. Any suggestions? I'm reading through the huge Q&A on the forum.

Also whats a good site to buy just the LCD, not the monitor, and even a touchscreen LCD.

Thank you.

i would mount a solid board to the base of the case then mount onto that
for parts i would say ebay

Most likely you'll want something akin to Dasimpson's recommendation. There is (or at least there used to be) a manufacturer of suitcases/luggage that offer various options to internally mount bracings. Where I used to work (like 20 years ago) we carried 3-4 suitcase/hard case manufacturers although I can't remember their names. One mainly just filled the interior w/ foam that you could custom cut to fit cameras or whatever you put inside, but another (forget the name) had double walls w/ holes for nuts 'n' bolts w/o said hardware showing through to the exterior.

lol awesome. I have nothing to really add other than a friend of mine asked about doing a similar setup last year. He never got around to getting it done, but I'd like it see it when it's complete to show to him.

good luck with it and post your progress

Back