Suitable upgrade from Samsung 172x?

[H]ard On

Weaksauce
Hey guys. I currently have a Samsung 172x LCD. In case you're not familiar with this specific model, it's a 17-inch panel with the following stats:

Native Resolution: SXGA (1280 x 1024)
Pixel Pitch: 0.264 mm
Brightness: 270 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 500 : 1
Response Time: 12 ms

It's been amazing, zero dead pixels and no ghosting that I can see. I've gotten extremely used to it. However, I'd like to upgrade to something bigger. My worry is that a new 19-20 inch (4:3 or widescreen) panel wouldn't stack up the performance of the 172x, particularly in the ghosting department. Any thoughts on something to upgrade to? Does samsung make a model with a similar panel in 19 inches? What about the Dell 2005fpw? FYI, i'm driving it via DVI from a Gainward Geforce 6800GT.

The reason I ask a seemingly obvious question is that we all know the numbers don't always tell you how a panel performs. Most of the 8ms panels are 8ms in the absolute best case scenario, and usually somewhere around 20ms, so I'm sorta looking for people who have wicked awesome 19-20 inch panels that can give a reccommendation, like any of those new 4ms viewsonic/samsung models.

Back