Suitable replacement for TJ07-BW?

mk_ln

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I have been using my TJ07-BW for a few years now and it has been the most solid case I have owned by far (also the most expensive by far). Recently I have had the opportunity to work with the Corsair 600T and I must say that, feature wise, I prefer it over the TJ07. Build quality, however, seems to have been lacking as it uses quite a bit of plastic whereas the TJ07 is fully aluminum and much of the body is rock hard.

I have been looking at a few cases and was hoping that I could find one that has the size of the TJ07 (using the CFP51, I can have 10 3.5" drives with enough space for a fan controller, floppy/multi-card reader, and 2 DVD drives), is all aluminum, and has the features of the 600T (grommetted holes for cabling and tool-less assembly).
Also, as I've just found out, an air-cooled SLI setup is not ideal with this case and my mobo (GA-X58A-UD5). With the mobo used and dual slot cards, I cannot use the bottom most PCI-E slot since the mobo tray has a bracket that will interfere/not allow installation of the bottom card. Because of that, I must use the third PCI-E slot which makes it adjacent to the first card, thus hampering air-flow significantly. So having a case with 8 expansion slots is needed as well.

The only thing I believe I haven't covered yet is that a windowed side panel is also preferred.

Thanks in advance to anyone with any helpful suggestions.

I always hate to bump old threads, but this is pretty much where I am at right now. Love the TJ07 but it doesn't have 8 PCI slots. And while I like my 600T, there is indeed lacking in certain areas.

Thanks guys, again, sorry for the necro-bump :)

Back