Suitable Gentle Typhoon Replacement?

Striker109

Weaksauce
Evening:

I'm looking to do a push/pull for my CPU cooler (Antec 620). I was looking to buy two Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm fans, but they are out of stock in everywhere unless I order from the UK.

Since I can't find any in the US does anyone have know of any suitable replacements that have similar performance and noise specifications? Any help would be appreciated. I'm only looking for 120mm fans. Thanks!

Same, I've been looking for these things forever and can't find them. I've actually been looking for the 1850's with no luck. Need the next best thing.

Yate Loon are both good and inexpensive.
SPCR likes Nexus.
T B Silence.... Noctua depending .. Evermax ..

I love my GTs, best fans I've ever had without a doubt. My second favorite is Yate Loons from whoever gives the best quantity discounts (got the last batch of 10 from Jabtech). They're about $3 a fan, are great tuning fans if you use a rheostat, have great stock CFM/dB ratios, and last a long time. They're sleeve bearing but don't let that fool you, I've installed over 40 of the fans over the last decade and have not had a single failure... but maybe I'm just lucky or a wizard or something. But heck, if one does manage to crap out it's only $3!

http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html
http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SM-12-Medium-Speed-pr-3770.html

Also, I think I've had this argument with someone before here, but Nexus are basically cherry picked Yates with an inline diode. I personally have tested them side by side, at near equal RPMs, and I don't hear a difference to be honest. They're quite a bit more expensive, about 4 times the price, and it's just not worth it IMHO... but to each their own.

Last edited:
I did some research on some fans for my H50 and ended up getting 2 CoolerMaster BladeMaster Fans for the radiator in a push/pull set up. They are PWM Fans 600-2000rpm and i'm using a splitter from my mobo cpu fan header and its working good so far. These blademasters have a high static air pressure

I did some research on some fans for my H50 and ended up getting 2 CoolerMaster BladeMaster Fans for the radiator in a push/pull set up. They are PWM Fans 600-2000rpm and i'm using a splitter from my mobo cpu fan header and its working good so far. These blademasters have a high static air pressure

The CM blademasters are great. All Hyper 212+ come with one and at least in my rig are better than comparable Yate Loons.

DON'T get them confused with the cheapest CM fans though.
Got a 4-pack of those and they are ALOT louder and less powerful than YL.

The CM blademasters are great. All Hyper 212+ come with one and at least in my rig are better than comparable Yate Loons.

DON'T get them confused with the cheapest CM fans though.
Got a 4-pack of those and they are ALOT louder and less powerful than YL.
Good info there for me. I have a gentle typhoon on my 212 and its pretty loud. Was looking to get a pair of something quieter and I have the stock 212 fan as well so I would be half way to the set.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back