Sugo SG01 owners heat question.

MethRed3d

n00b
I have a Sugo SG01 and the top of my case is very hot. I have adequate ventilation but I cant understand why the case is so hot. My cpu is at 50C idle. Is this heat issue happen to you as well? Thanks for the help

Specs:
AMD X2 3600+ stock cooler
Corsair XMS2 2gb
Geforce 8800GTX
Corsair HX620W
Western Digital Raptor 74gb

How many fans do you have installed in the case?

My SG-01 is as follows:

Abit F-I90HD
E4300 @ 2700 def VCore
Silverstone NT03 cooler
2x1GB Teamgroup PC6400 4-4-4-10
EVGA 8800GTS
Samsung SATA DVDRW
WD5000KS SATA HDD
3 Medium Speed Scythe MNB fans.

In a room with temp around 70F, my CPU idles at 42C.

I would think it is a combination of the video card heating things up, poor ventilation, and the stock cooler.

How are your fans configured, intake and exhaust? Is your CPU making good contact? I had a 3600+ passively cooled with a 8800GTS and it idled around 35-ish.

You are using the stock cooler. That is about right for the stock.

Get the NT06 (assuming 120mm fan PSU) and you will see a good decrease ($48 or so at sffstore.com)

On the left side I have one exhaust fan, above the video card I have another exhaust fan, and on the left side with the processor I have an intake fan. My case is quite hot to touch.

I built my system this Monday and initially used the NT06 Lite passive cooling with the HX620W and it was insanely hot and unstable. So I took it off and used the stock cooler.

How tight should the NT06 be on top of the processor? Thanks for the help guys.

First of all, an 8800GTX does not fit in an SG01, so what modifications did you make to allow that? What power supply are you using? A high flow 120mm fan type is key. Is there a lot of cable clutter blocking airflow, particularly fat ribbon cables like IDE & floppy?

I have a SG01 + NT06 + E6600 and the top is cool to the touch, except the back is warm over the power supply. Certainly nothing hot. Temps 40-ish celsius.

First of all, an 8800GTX does not fit in an SG01, so what modifications did you make to allow that?
The mod is quite simple, pull the drive cage and mount your hard drive in one of the 5.25" bays. Also, the SG01 has no floppy bay so I doubt a floppy ribbon cable is causing his problem. ;)

The mod is quite simple, pull the drive cage and mount your hard drive in one of the 5.25" bays. Also, the SG01 has no floppy bay so I doubt a floppy ribbon cable is causing his problem. ;)

Unless the floppy is already in the 5.25" bay ;)

W6F0 is exactly right about my setup. I think I have found the culprit, it is the 8800GTX. Its producing so much heat that it heats up the left side and the top. Now how do I cool it down?

So you have mounted the Raptor in the empty 5 1/4" Slot?

No Wonder your case heats up, the raptor is the reason. There is no Air-Flow up there, so the top of your case gets hot.

Furthermore, the two 80mm Fans are too far away. Maybe you should try to put the Raptor in an additional 5 1/4" active HDD-Cooler. Silverstone or Coolermaster have some solutions for that.

You can also try to built yourself a kind of an airduct (out of board or paper). Make the 80mm Fans take the air in and direct it to the 5 1/4" Slot.

My Specs are:

X2 3800+, CnQ on, NT06, Idle @ 37°C
MSI K8NGM2-FID (nforce 430)
Enermax Liberty 400W
2 GB G.Skill
Palit Xpertvision 7600 GT @ Zalman VF900CU Idle @36°C, Load 39°C :D
2x WD1600AAJS @RAID 0 :cool:

Unless the floppy is already in the 5.25" bay ;)
Hahah, true. However, I have never ever ever seen this done on an SFF box. If I did, I'd be first in line with flamage about how utterly ghey it looks. :eek:

Thanks you guys for the help and recommendations everything is running cool now. You guys are awesome.

One thing I do not like about the 8800GTX is that it doesn't move all the hot air outside the case. I had to place an exhaust fan right where the heatsink is exposed. That lowered my gpu temp from 88C to 76C.

I've had an SG01-e for about a month now and I love it. Recently with the temp changes here in New England I've noticed a large increase in the temp of the case. I contribute most of the heat to the Corsair HX PSU. It works excellent, but does get a bit hot. This causes the top of the case to get very warm to the touch. I've got some great airflow with 2 x 80mm fans exhausting over the Vid card, 1 x 80mm fan as an intake over the Hard Drives and 1 x 80mm fan exhausting at the other end of the Hard Drives. I also have the OCZ RAM blue LED cooler which uses 2 x 40mm fans just over the RAM.

The back right of the case with the NT06 Lite is the warmest and I'm still working on a solution to properly cool this area. A thought and a suggestion would be to add an 80mm fan to the rear of the PSU on the outside. I plan on doing this in the coming days. The Corsair has a 120mm fan pulling air off the NT06, but I feel it needs a little help exhausting the even warmer air out the back of the case.

The Cisco Kid,

This is what i did to my SG01. I have the two top 80mm fans exhausting, 2 80mm intakes ( one for the HD and the other one blowing directly to my video card) and last another 80mm fan mounted at the back of my PSU which helps exhausting the heat. It's a ghetto mod, but it works.

Idle/load temps:

CPU - 34C/46C
VGA - 58C/68 @ 80% fan speed (Rivatuner)
HD - 31C/37C

Specs:

E6600 (stock clock)
Gigabyte 965GM-S2
NT-06 Lite
8800GTS
2G XMS2 Corsair DDR2 667Mhz
520W Corsair HX
Audigy 2
160GB WD HD

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Blacklotus,

I like the Mod!

The 2 x 80mm fans above the Vid Card do a great job of exhausting the air. The hotest the card has gotten is 77c. I have since added an 80mm fan to the rear of the PSU and have seen a dramatic decrease in the amount of heat in the rear-right of the case. The Corsair is great, but the lack of a rear 80mm fan keeps some of the heat of exhausting properly. I actually have the fan attached via ties and plan on using screws when less lazy ;).

Blacklotus,

I like the Mod!

The 2 x 80mm fans above the Vid Card do a great job of exhausting the air. The hotest the card has gotten is 77c. I have since added an 80mm fan to the rear of the PSU and have seen a dramatic decrease in the amount of heat in the rear-right of the case. The Corsair is great, but the lack of a rear 80mm fan keeps some of the heat of exhausting properly. I actually have the fan attached via ties and plan on using screws when less lazy ;).

Lol, i used some ties also to attached the rear fan. I still chose the Corsair over other PSU because of the good reviews all over the net and it has a 5 year warranty.

...........This is what i did to my SG01. I have the two top 80mm fans exhausting, 2 80mm intakes ( one for the HD and the other one blowing directly to my video card) and last another 80mm fan mounted at the back of my PSU which helps exhausting the heat. It's a ghetto mod, but it works........

Just curious as I've never dealt with this case.....this sounds like a Class 3 or 4 Tornado/Hurricane? :eek: :D

Back