Suggestions?

Scubastevie00

Limp Gawd
I just upgraded the video card in the current PC I'm operating with to a Sapphire R9 390 Nitro OC. I'm currently upgrading the Ram, PS, and Mobo. In the future I'll be upgrading the video card. I have the card running at 1100MHz randomly changing settings. Is it worth Xfiring another in the near future? Thanks.

Subjective question. It all comes down to what resolution you are using the card for. Are you after synthetic numbers or want to actually boost your performance...

Guess I should have put that out there. Currently running on a 47" Toshiba 1080P TV. I figure in the next 2 or 3 months I'll be upgrading to dual 1440p monitors and a desk I believe. I'd honestly have to see the difference between a 1440p monitor to really want to upgrade. The TV will be upgraded anyway as its a 2007 Toshiba Hl167 60Hz panel. I'm currently using a wireless keyboard mouse combo from a couch and I don't know if I could change haha.

Firstly, as you point out, there is absolutely no need to upgrade until you get that 1440p monitor. Even at that point a single 390 will do well in most games.

I'd say don't worry about going Crossfire unless you're getting a 4k monitor, or are really seeing the need in the particular games you play. Another 390 will get you more FPS at 1440p, sure, but not so much to deal with some of the Crossfire quirks and extra power/heat.

Another base consideration would be if your PSU will handle another 390? You'd want at least a quality 800w unit...

I've decided I'm upgrading to a 4k TV game on I think. Will I need to SLI to handle a 40ish inch 4k TV at reasonable framerates at high or ultra settings? Other things will get upgraded as needed.

Thanks.

SLI? Did you mean X-Fire?

High/Ultra settings would probably warrant a second 390. Unless you're okay with turning down settings. 4K is pretty stressful.

Back