• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggestions to get higher OC?

slsmnaz

n00b
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
18
Well, I decided I would try my hand at overclocking my comp after reading all the threads about how "easy" it is. What I've got so far is linked below. I had a couple of "won't boot" and memory test failures but this current setup has passed memtest86+ (24hrs), superpi, and prime torturetest (24hrs) with no problems. First, is this a pretty decent OC for a newbie? It looks to be about 19%. Second, what would you suggest the next step be? I'm not afraid to break anything ;) so any suggestions welcome. This is pretty cool and a great way for me to learn my hardware. I haven't seen my temps go as high as I thought. I have an XP-90 w/ a panaflo fan on the CPU. They went up about 7c @ idle (36c to 43c) and to 52c @ load w/ prime. Thanks for your help. I included the cpu-z to show where I am now.

CPU-Z Validator
 
whats your HTT Multi set too? you can try lowering that if your HTT Multi x HTT is higher than 1000.

and you could always give her a little more juice :)

lower you ram divider and see if the cpu will go faster


just a few ideas off the top of my head
 
I'm @ 289x9 for 2601MHz right now. My voltage is set @ 1.60v. Would it be safe to add more juice? I'll try to work on the divider and see if that makes a diff. Like I said, I'm new @ this but it's pretty addicting. :)
 
no more volts on air cooling

what is your HTT multi set too? (not your processor multiplier)
 
slsmnaz said:
I'm @ 289x9 for 2601MHz right now. My voltage is set @ 1.60v. Would it be safe to add more juice? I'll try to work on the divider and see if that makes a diff. Like I said, I'm new @ this but it's pretty addicting. :)

In my limited experience the divider made all the difference.
 
BigTaf said:
no more volts on air cooling

what is your HTT multi set too? (not your processor multiplier)

It is set to "AUTO". Should I set it to make it come out <1000 or will the auto adjust it? Thanks for the help and sorry for too many ?'s. I'm gonna go work on the ram divider.
 
Back
Top