I was kinda surprised I didnt see a system building thread - seems like it would be a good topic, building systems, tricks and tips.
I am starting to spec out and put together a new TR2 system.
I always start with the case. Well I guess I already picked the CPU - in general, but the first piece I nail down to specifics is the case.
Medium to large tower, easy to work with - I have back and neck issues that make putting a system together painful enough with it on a table much less if I am crawling under a desk to change out a GPU or something.
I like having the power supply at the bottom and would need a fair number of fans and room for at least 1 radiator (AIO) dont think I would water cool the GPU but if I found one I could use an AIO with might.
I have nothing against RGB features nor would I require them.
I have a NAS with 8gb so would likely only use M.2 storage. M.2 Raid should help with level load times at least a little.
I already have an decent optical laying around so would need a spot for that.
What cases would you elite computer builders of [H] land suggest?
Room for a full size or even large GPU is a requirement. Roomy inside in general is nice.
I prefer to keep it under $200 but for the right case.......
Have not decided (or even researched) a motherboard or any other specific as yet.
I've heard about cases with side panels that are LCD displays? Is this real and on the market yet? Are the special side panels available - er, à la carte as it were?
Thank you everyone!!!! I truly appreciate all helpful replies.
I am starting to spec out and put together a new TR2 system.
I always start with the case. Well I guess I already picked the CPU - in general, but the first piece I nail down to specifics is the case.
Medium to large tower, easy to work with - I have back and neck issues that make putting a system together painful enough with it on a table much less if I am crawling under a desk to change out a GPU or something.
I like having the power supply at the bottom and would need a fair number of fans and room for at least 1 radiator (AIO) dont think I would water cool the GPU but if I found one I could use an AIO with might.
I have nothing against RGB features nor would I require them.
I have a NAS with 8gb so would likely only use M.2 storage. M.2 Raid should help with level load times at least a little.
I already have an decent optical laying around so would need a spot for that.
What cases would you elite computer builders of [H] land suggest?
Room for a full size or even large GPU is a requirement. Roomy inside in general is nice.
I prefer to keep it under $200 but for the right case.......
Have not decided (or even researched) a motherboard or any other specific as yet.
I've heard about cases with side panels that are LCD displays? Is this real and on the market yet? Are the special side panels available - er, à la carte as it were?
Thank you everyone!!!! I truly appreciate all helpful replies.