Suggestions on pumps for my setup?

CrazyV

Gawd
Ok guys, I have 3x MCP655's and 3x MCP355's sitting here for my build. This build will consist of three loops(1st CPU/2nd GPU/3rd Chipset & MIPs ram block).
Each loop will be as follows:

CPU: 1X EK 120.3, EK Supreme Block w/Long hose runs with a total of around 6-8'

GPU: 1x EK 120.3, 3x EK 5870 Blocks Or GTX480 Blocks(have both) With the same 6-8' Of hose

Chipset/Ram: 2x EK 120.1, EK Classified Block and MIPs ram block. With a little less hose (3-5' Depending)

Most of the hose runs go upward about 12" at-least.

All pumps (MCP655's & MCP355's) have EK Blocks for the Heads.

So without using mixed pumps(same pumps for all loops).

What do you think will work the best in this setup?

Thanks in advance!!
;)

I would def go with the 355s in this case. Much smaller and will get the job done no prob at all. I've been running a 355 with a xspc top for the past two years now on a vga/cpu loop without a lick of trouble.

Every system I've seen with 3 loops looked like a room with way to much furniture, cluttered. And there is no point not putting the chipset/ram blocks with the cpu loop. And I don't see the point of the ram block either unless you have no airflow in the case. Also, good luck removing the heatspreaders on your ram , because most companies use thermal epoxy.

655s. I have several Laing D5s (which Swiftech rebrands as 655s) and they are simply better pumps. I had a couple of 355s and was completely unimpressed, from head pressure to flow rate to noise. Unless you simply cannot fit them, the 655s are the clear choice.

Why do you need to use the same pump if each pump is in a different loop anyway? With that stipulation you're stuck with three of the 355s (which are not quiet pumps) since you can't fit 3 655s anywhere unless you're placing your entire WCing apparatus in a separate case.

:confused: What type of answers are these :confused:

Matrices,
Thanks, But I have more than enough room for the 655's as well as the 355's room is not an issue. This build is for looks as well and having a set of rims on your car and one being different just don't fly for me lol

silent-circuit,
Agreed, Kinda the same way i was thinking ;)

sok0,
Agreed sometimes but i think i can pull this off. Also the ram block is for looks and i have known this since it was ordered. And the Corsair ram is just thermal pad very easy to remove and mount not to mention i have removed so many other types of ram coolers i don't think it would have been an issue :D

MrGoat,
I'm still thinking i might try this route i have not used many 355's so i would not mind giving them a try. :cool:

The thing about your question is that both of those pumps will handle those loops no problem. If you say you have enough room, I would just use 655's since I prefer those.

It just comes down to which one you like more, both are plenty reliable for what you are doing,

Don't the 655s make more noise? If you have a separate pump for each loop, then water pressure shouldn't be a problem and you should probably go with the quietest pumps. Especially since you will be housing 3 of them. Noise happens to be additive.

Here's a thread discussing this very pump issue.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578915

Back