Suggestions on mounting a fan to NB of DFI DK p35 mobo

rfadream

Limp Gawd
anyone have any suggestions on what size fan to mount on the nb heatsink on this mobo?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136043

I would like it to be quiet to near silent. or at least be drowned out by my 3x scythe s-flex fans which are around ~20dba.

does anyone know what size fan is in this picture? i only have experience with 120mm fans.
nbcoolerib1.jpg

my best guess is its a 40mm fan, can anyone confirm that?
anyone have experience with this fan?
http://jab-tech.com/Scythe-Mini-Kaze-40mm-Silent-Mini-Fan-pr-3596.html
the specs for airflow seem kind of weak, is it enough to drop nb temps by say 5c?

currently my load temps on the dfi dk p35 is 58c. i'd be happy if i could get it down to about ~50.

if anyone has a better suggestion on how to cool the nb on this mobo i'd love to hear it. thanks

Replace the NB cooler with a big (ie. tall) heatsink and just put airflow near it with one of your 120mm fans. You'll have to make sure it clears your video card and CPU heatsink though.

Thermalright makes a couple. HR-05 for straight up and HR-05 SLI for offset.

Depending on room, you may be able to attach a bigger 80mm fan to it.

I have the hr-05 on this board and it keeps the temps below 40 pretty much no matter what I do with the board. I have a thermalright ultra 120 extreme right next to it with a 120mm fan flow up between the two heatsinks (connected to the 120 xtreme) blowing the air right out the top of my antec nine hundred

ya i considered those heatsinks but i dont want to drop that much money on it or have to remove my mobo again. i think just adding a $5 small fan with a ziptie like that photo will be enough for me. i just want under 50c if possible. doesnt need to go all the way down to 40c.

i just want to know what size fan is in that picture and whether its quiet.

I've heard of the Scythe mini kaze being one of the best. Check here for a list and then go find a USA reseller if need be.

i did the exact same thing when i had that mobo.. zipped a mini kazi to it.. it wasnt loud and put my NB about 7-8 degrees cooler.

Back