• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

suggestions on a power supply

Sven_Lee

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
212
Just wondering what kind of power supply I should get for my new system I'm going to be building..

What I'm building -

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 processor
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
2x Gigabyte GeForce 6800 Ultra PCI Express X16
3 Hard drives
2 CD drives
6-7 fans
3-4 CCFL
Kingston DDR400 PC3200 2 gigabytes (2x 1 gig sticks)
other various LED lights

Want to make sure I have more than enough power to run this monster.. I'm guessing at least 500w power supply, what's a good manufacturer?
 
also would like to have one that includes the SATA power plugs, or adapters, doesn't matter.
 
Im going to suggest what I allready have and Im very satisfied w. it. The OCZ Powerstream 600W. *putting flame suit on* Its nice looking its quiet and its enough. However it is expensive so do look what a PCp&C costs as well if its not to much over the OCZ Ull have to think twice.
 
I'm seeing three or four posts like this a day and they're almost always open ended like this.

Budget?

Preference of vendor?

Do you have a Window on your case?

Do you want a light coming out of the back of the PSU?

Modular cables?

Lot's of variables, which is why you'll get LOTS of answers.
 
Doesn't matter how much or what it looks like as long as it will be dependable and do the job needed. Essentially I'm looking for answers to how powerful it should be and who makes reliable, quality psu's.. Wasn't open ended.
 
Ok... Didn't mean to be a thread crapper.

Here's the two best choices IMHO:

PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI

or

Zippy PSL-6701P-SATA

The efficiency is only 40 to 75%, but they have more than enough power.
 
Back
Top