Suggestions on a computer problem

Cthulhu

Limp Gawd
okay, let me know what you all think about this... my box locked up...no mouse, no keys...nothin. turned off the power. turned it back on...blank screen. monitor led just keeps blinking like when the pc is off. so i think maybe my video card took a shit... swapped with another card. same thing. swapped monitors. same thing. disconnected all the hard drives. same thing. connected a different hd as master. same thing. suggestions?? mobo fried? it's:

abit is7-e
crucial 512megs pc3200
p4 2.4c
radeon 9500pro
antec 350watt psu

it's overclocked only *slightly* to 2.8...maybe 2.7. can't remember. it's been running fine for months with no temp problems, so i don't think it has anything to do with that. so what do you guys think?? any help is appreciated. :D

i've cleared the cmos...nothing. i've put the existing ram into a different slot...nothing. i've put different ram in...nothing. i've disconnected all the hard drives...nothing. any help would be appreciated. i get ZERO beeps when i turn the computer on.

Originally posted by haroldmeyer
Did this happen on its own, or were you overclocking?

the computer was overclocked, as my origional post stated. it had been overclocked for months and running fine during the whole time. i was not overclocking when this happened, no.

Try swapping the PSU. If your not even getting enogh juice to the board to get lights or beeps, then either the PSU died, or the mobo did.

yeah, i get lights though...this is what happens:

computer off, monitor connected...the monitor led blinks (on this monitor anyway)

turn on the power...fans, drives spin up. HD light stays lit for around 30 sec.

monitor led keeps blinking. and no beeps from the sys speaker.

HD light goes off...

the same thing happens after everything i've tried... :(

Back