Hi,
This is a strange request for help, I have a custom case, it's basically a big black cube, I am not happy about the disk area in the top and am looking for suggestions on alternative enclosures.
In cm it's a void roughly 38 long x 35 wide x 17 high accessible from the top of the case.
I should be able to fit 24 x 3.5" drives on their ends in the space, connectors at the bottom and would like to be able to slide the disks up and out the top easily, it would be cooled by six 120mm fans, three at each end push pull.
It would be good to be able to hack something together from some fairly cheap 4 bay eBay type hot swap enclosures, the height could be a problem though...I have 17.1cm but a drive is 14.6cm which leaves only 2.5cm for the part of the enclosure that attaches power and data, the other end of the disk can be uncovered as the case lid closes on top of that.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers
Richard
This is a strange request for help, I have a custom case, it's basically a big black cube, I am not happy about the disk area in the top and am looking for suggestions on alternative enclosures.
In cm it's a void roughly 38 long x 35 wide x 17 high accessible from the top of the case.
I should be able to fit 24 x 3.5" drives on their ends in the space, connectors at the bottom and would like to be able to slide the disks up and out the top easily, it would be cooled by six 120mm fans, three at each end push pull.
It would be good to be able to hack something together from some fairly cheap 4 bay eBay type hot swap enclosures, the height could be a problem though...I have 17.1cm but a drive is 14.6cm which leaves only 2.5cm for the part of the enclosure that attaches power and data, the other end of the disk can be uncovered as the case lid closes on top of that.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers
Richard