• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggestions for kids laptops?

Nerva

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
92
I've used PC's since my dad bought an IBM 5150, but I've never bought a laptop before. My girlfriend and I are looking to buy three laptops for my three stepkids (ages 11, 9, and 8), and I figured this forum might have some good suggestions.

We are short on money, so I am thinking Costco might be a good place to buy, but I'm not sure how their selection compares to what else is out there.

Requirements I can think of:
1) A 1080p screen with good picture quality.
2) Is great for playing Minecraft (I figure anything that can do that can also run web browsers and Office apps just fine).
3) Is durable and will take their abuse for at least 4 years.

We might consider something like the Microsoft Surface so they could use it as a tablet, but would it be enough benefit to the kids to justify the price premium? I tend to favor Android for tablets.
 
Back
Top