A local business I've been doing tech stuff for has an older dell server that they're ready to chuck, and they've commissioned me to build them a replacement. It's a pretty small business and doesn't need most of the crap they currently have. What I'm looking for are suggestions for motherboard/processor/ram configurations I should look into, as well as hard drive recommendations. I want something that I won't have to go in and service every day.
I'll build it by hand. I've built computers before and don't think this one will be much different, but I wanted to know what you guys recommend. It'll be running microsoft small business server 2k3 and a small program on 5 already-built computers.
Also, once I've gotten this up and running, what's the most secure physical way to connect this network to the internet (such that nothing gets in without permission and no one gets out without a password or something).
Thanks for your input, folks!
I'll build it by hand. I've built computers before and don't think this one will be much different, but I wanted to know what you guys recommend. It'll be running microsoft small business server 2k3 and a small program on 5 already-built computers.
Also, once I've gotten this up and running, what's the most secure physical way to connect this network to the internet (such that nothing gets in without permission and no one gets out without a password or something).
Thanks for your input, folks!