Suggestions for a Registry Cleaner ??

Gouda

Limp Gawd
As the title says, anyone got any suggestions on a good registry cleaner? Thanks!

I use and enjoy all the utilities in Fix-It Utilities 5. The Reg cleaner seems to be very effective for me. Can usually be found for $30 or so in CompUSA or Best Buy and such.

Depending on what you are looking for when you say "regcleaner" there are a few things out there.

In the pay category, Norton's registry cleaner seems to do a good job, but I hate all the extra crap that comes with it. Last I knew, though, you didn't have to install everything. Kckazdude had a suggestion, but I don't have experience with that.

On the free end of things, you might take a look at RegScrubXP or something like CCleaner. Both do a pretty good job, both free.

jv16 Power Tools

Look hard enough, and you will find the last freeware version of this wonderful program...version 1.2 (1.2.0.181). Otherwise, buy the current version.

i have used ace utilitles, it didnt' mess anything up if that helps ya

I use two - Ace Utilities and RegSeeker.

Ace Utilities is the safest registry cleaner I've found - and has excellent additional system maintenance tools. Ace's one-button cleanup wizard makes routine system maintenance ridiculously easy - history+registry+junk files+shortcuts.

Ace has no registry-search function. As a registry cleaner, Ace always returns far fewer removal candidates. This program is as close to 'foolproof' as you're likely to find. 30-day trial is fully-functional.

For registry-search and for deeper inspection of the registry, I use the excellent free RegSeeker.

Hope this helps!

Search for RegCleaner 4.3 (a freeware version of the one in the jv16 power tools mentioned above). I have been using it for years and have never found anything better for cleaning out the registry.

Thanks for the speeding replies! Appreciate it. Will try these when I get home from work tonight!

Back