Suggestions for a new monitor?

ruffz

Limp Gawd
Here's what I'm looking for..
Price of $350 or less including shipping (but this is flexible)
Display size of 20" or greater
Not widescreen
Native resolution of 1600x1200
8ms or lower response time
Preferably .255 pixel pitch

I've been looking at the Samsung 204b, but I'm sure there are better options out there. Any suggestions? :)

Closest one I have got for ya is the NEC LCD2070VX

1600x1200
5 ms response
.255mm pixel pitch
3 yr warranty

I considered the 2007FP, but isn't 16ms pretty much the limit when it comes to acceptable response time for gaming? My current monitor is 16ms and it seems fine though.

the 2007 will be just as good for gaming if not better than the other options

The only reason I'd be reluctant to get a widescreen monitor is I don't know if the games I play would support widescreen resolutions. Its become apparent to me that I'll probably have to go above $350 to get something good.. although I don't yet know what that something is :eek:

ruffz said:
The only reason I'd be reluctant to get a widescreen monitor is I don't know if the games I play would support widescreen resolutions. Its become apparent to me that I'll probably have to go above $350 to get something good.. although I don't yet know what that something is :eek:

The 2007FP is a 1600x1200 4:3 monitor. The 2007FPW is a 1680x1050 16:10 Widescreen.

I recently got a pair of Samsung SyncMaster 204B. They claim 5ms response time and I see no ghosting in games or DVD play back. Getting the DVI input to work with an NVidia 6800was a little tricky but nothing to go grey over. The DVI worked flawlessley with an ATi X800 AIW. The screen size is massive, not grainy but a little too bright. Some time would be needed to properly adjust the gamma, contrast, bright and sharpness controls. For the price, I see nothing that comes close. Just my 2 cents.

Well I ended up going to Circuit City and I got the LG monitor, man this thing is sweet. Not a single dead pixel and the colors are so crisp and vivid it's ridiculous. Such a huge upgrade from my Samsung 712n.

Back