• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Suggestions for a new case?

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
2,744
I'm looking for a new case for my system.. on on hand I want something that's clean looking and not too busy (like the antec or cooler master)... but on the other hand I don't.. lol. Give me suggestions/info on the cases I've listed below.. and why? Components going in include a standard ATX mobo, psu, 4 hard drive's, 2 optical's, 1 floppy. All suggestions are appreciated. Note: I'm not interested in LL cases.. if I wanted one of those I'd just get the silverstone.. but the wind tunnel thing just looks... poor.. and a lot of "wasted" space..


http://www.xoxide.com/antec-p180-case.html
http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-eclipse-case-silver.html
http://www.xoxide.com/tttsunami1.html
http://www.xoxide.com/cowacabl.html
http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-thermalrock-circle-case.html
 
From your list, I would choose the P180. Excellent build quality and silent design. I personally don't like the look of the CM Wavemaster + it really doesn't have any special features. I would stay away from the TT models (unless you get the Tai-Chi which is like the only good designed case from them, however overpriced)
 
I just bought a thermaltake tsunami and I am very happy with it. i've been building comps for about 8 years now and I am impressed at the ease of installation with the thermal take. I am running 4 hard drives, 2 opticals, 1 floppy, just like you stated you were gonna use. wire management is a little tricky but tis ok. cooling is definitely awesome in this case with the 2 120mm intake/exhaust fans. my cpu doesnt get over 44c under load and is around 34 idle. case runs 30-32c ambient. here are the specs.
enermax 535w ps, abit is7-g, p4 2.4c o/ced 3ghz, corsair twinx 2x512xms3200xl, msi 6600gt o/c 550/1080. 2 barracuda 250gb sata, 1 barracuda 120gb sata, 1 wd 160gb sata, 2 nec dvd-rw, 1 nec floppy
i am at work right now so i don't have any pics i can post but once i get home i'll will upload one.
 
The p180 and the tsunami are cases I'm looking at for my next build.
 
my vote also goes to the P180...the first thing i usually look for in a case is how it can handle noise and the P180 of course is juss quiet and uses nothing but 120mm fans; the tsunami is a nice case with a decent amount of room has the same chassis as the antec slk3000 but is aluminum with good cooling, but i do not lik the X window and the CM wavemaster in my opinion is a lovely case, with a stylish front and a simple chassis (i love how the drives are juss stacked straight down, keeping it simple) but it lacks the cooling therefore i would recommend the praetorian over this case, both cases hav the same chassis but the praetorian has a direct, no soo restrictive intake
 
I loathe Thermaltake, hate the design of that CM case, but only dislike the P180

another vote for the P180
 
here is a link in this forum of some pics of my case and how its setup
i have some longer sata cables coming so i can run them behind and underneath the hard drive cage. with my mobo(is7-g) i cant use the shorter cables on the lower sata connectors and hide them at the same time. i will take some more time in cleaning up my cables a little bit once i get my new sata cables.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028486717#post1028486717
 
thanks guys.. and nice green haste! I'll probably be making the decision tonight or this wkdn ;x
 
LongShotHero said:
I know NHO is probably going to want to kick me in the teeth for this but I have to mention it
you damn right i would :p stop showing that before you giv someone a heart attack :mad: :D
 
The P180 is actully a really good case for holding your parts and everything... But I think its just ugly... So maybe if you have moddin skillz get a dremel and some clear plexi... or just a nice huge graphic sticker thing... But a 180 is what I would go for..
 
LongShotHero said:
I know NHO is probably going to want to kick me in the teeth for this but I have to mention it :D :D

They couldn't pay me to take that. Even though my mother-in-law would probably love it. :p
 
X_VADER_X said:
The P180 is actully a really good case for holding your parts and everything... But I think its just ugly... So maybe if you have moddin skillz get a dremel and some clear plexi... or just a nice huge graphic sticker thing... But a 180 is what I would go for..
ugly? wats soo ugly about it? the exterior design? :confused: :p i would say that its plain, but theres nothing on the exterior that really would make it ugly
 
Yeah I'd like it to have a window or something because it is plain, but I like the interior of it better than any of the other cases I've looked at.. if I was going on pure exterior I'd go with that beautiful blue WM.
 
LongShotHero said:
I know NHO is probably going to want to kick me in the teeth for this but I have to mention it :D :D

Oh dear, I nearly spit a mouthful of coffee all over my monitor when I saw that. Who in their right mind would buy that :p
 
pawstar said:
Oh dear, I nearly spit a mouthful of coffee all over my monitor when I saw that. Who in their right mind would buy that :p
damn he really does need to stop showing that before someone actually gets hurt! :p
 
Back
Top