• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Suggestions for a new case

Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
19
I'm in the market for a new case. My only requirements are that it has adequate cooling capabilities, a motherboard tray, and looks nice. I'd like to have a window in it as well, I can do that part myself, but if it comes with a nice one that's fine too.

Suggestions?

Edit: ATX form factor, perferably under $200.

Also, I have this case for my old computer:
http://www2.shopping.com/xPO-Antec_SOHO_SX1040_SX1040B

I'd perfer a style that looked different as I'll be keeping my current machine too.
 
I recommend anything Chieftec, the case's have very good airflow. I own a Matrix series tower and love it. They come with easy 80mm fan snap in mounts which are really nice. Some of them even come with a mounted fan on the side window. I looked at newegg.com for you and found a case you might like if you are worried about airflow and having a side window.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-125-224&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1
 
I was just looking at some of the pc specs for you guys,man my server feals small now:( ,i guess i need to get my amd 2200+ out of the closet and yurn it into a server:D u guys have some nice stuff,im trying to hunt down a 128mb stick of pc100 ram for this server(having problems running out of mem on my website)any body got some they want to get rid of? i got 2 32mb sticks that work great but i need more than 64mb.....
 
I just bought 1 of these for a friends computer, will be buying another one for myself in a week or so.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-129-122&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Antec Solutions case

Points I liked:
Rubber Gromets for hard drive mounting
3.5" bays (floppy and hard drive cage) are removable
Has a fan filter built into the front bezel, filter is removable, easy cleaning
Front bezel comes off with just presing to "buttons", no reaching inside to find 6 tabs to snap off
Comes with a 120mm fan for the exhaust, has a 120mm mounting in the front for intake

It's a bit smaller than my regular cases, but that's not always a bad thing.
 
Back
Top