• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggestions/comments on $600 gaming build

foebvic

n00b
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
2
Hey, I have a build planned and ready to order/assemble in the next two weeks. My budget is strictly 600 USD (including shipping and tax) and I'm reusing some parts (Antec p280, Corsair HX650 gold (still under the 7 year warranty), 500GB HDD). I've used the PSU for about two years with no signs of trouble other than the intermittent coil whine. I'm not overclocking or plan on overclocking, but I would like to have this build last at least 3-4 years if possible.

Here are the parts I'm getting:

I’m getting a 4590 (160+14tax) from my local NYC Microcenter.
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($42.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $560.87

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-10 16:06 EDT-0400

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
 
Go with this 16GB kit instead of that single 8GB stick of RAM.

$70 - G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

8GB is enough for now, but it's the bare minimum I would recommend at this point in time. 2 years from now might be a different story and with DDR4 becoming main stream DDR3 will slowly start to become unavailable.
 
Go with this 16GB kit instead of that single 8GB stick of RAM.

$70 - G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

8GB is enough for now, but it's the bare minimum I would recommend at this point in time. 2 years from now might be a different story and with DDR4 becoming main stream DDR3 will slowly start to become unavailable.

Thanks, I'll go with 16gb of ram.
 
Back
Top