• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggestions- App for wedding playlist

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
2FA
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
17,081
[H]crowd, little help here!
SO my little brother is getting married, and is doing so on a tight budget, so he's planning on simply renting some appropriately sized speakers and gear w/an amp from a DJ company, and then use his laptop to for the music.

Now, I have been tapped to play DJ, which mean setting up a playlist of their music to play. Here's the sticking point... I don't think I want to use my netbook for this (unless I am off-base and that would be fine?), as I do not know what kind of audio it is capable of producing. Instead, I'll probably use his Alienware m11x, which I assume will have better audio. I will not have access to it until the day before, most likely.

Thus, what I am looking for is a piece of software with which I can set up a playlist of songs, copy the whole shebang over to the other system, and just hit play.

Otherwise I think I'll have to re-name all of the files 1 through whatever...

fyi, I am a bit of an audio noob, having only recently gotten a real mp3 player in my Zune HD.
 
Honestly, you could probably be just as successful with the Zune as you would with the netbook or the m11x. I had a friend throw a party with a rented DJ board, speakers, and a Creative Zen he had hooked up to it. All it was for was background and when cued, the appropriate person would fade the music down on the board, find the song on the Zen, push play and fade back in. Stuff the music on the netbook, show up early and get used to the equipment, play music on the WMP, sit back and enjoy the wedding.
 
So I shouldn't worry about the sound quality of the netbook? Or the Zune for that matter? It would be really cool to just bring the Zune, as I could create my playlists on that...
 
Is there any reason why you believe the alienware will sound better? In honesty the zune hd will handle playing mp3s to the utmost of their quality. Provided you can hook it up, I don't see you noticing any difference. Or anyone noticing for that matter.
 
Only that the hardware is so basic, and I know so little about audio systems, I assumed it would be better quality, assuming decent bit-rate songs...
 
The last wedding reception I went to was served up courtesy of iTunes. Seemed to work fine for the dude running it. The Zune will also work just fine.
 
Use the Zune, you are familiar with it and the out put will be the same as either of the other 2 options you noted.
Easier to deal with as well, if you are familiar with the zunes operation why add an unfamiliar variable.
 
I think you've all answered my questions regarding the software. My only concern is sound quality, and it sounds like that is not an issue either. SO the software used to produce the audio (WMP, Zune software, ZuneHD, iTunes etc) does not affect the music quality?

Thanks for all the help!
 
The software should not affect the SQ as long as any post-processing is turned off (volume leveler, bass enhancer, spacial effects, equalizer.. etc)..

unless you enter stringent audiophile territory in which case you'll get various arguments about the finer details about how the audio architectures in the OS interact with the software and so forth.
 
Back
Top