Suggestion on heatsinks/fans?

Thermalright SP-94 with a good 92mm fan is probably the best aircooling available for the P4. If you want maximum overclock capability, go for a 92mm Vantec Tornado fan, but beware that its one loud sucker.

I picked up the SP-94 with a Panaflo 92mm -

If you're building a new rig, this option is a relatively easy move since it requires a metal backing plate be screwed onto the back of the mobo - this is easy when the motherboard is not in the case yet (well, basically, it has to be out of the case)

The cooling is good, but not as good as I thought it would be....

If you want a much easier solution, you might consider the Zalman All-Copper heatsink/fan - it's a one-buy solution that many insist cools better and quieter than the Thermalright... PLUS, it's compatible with the stock P4 mobo mount - so no mounting of a retention plate.

I can vouch for the Zalman...I never ran it on a P4 system, but it keeps my Barton running nice and cool. I think idle temps are in the 33-34C range with AS5. The 7000A all copper version. Quiet as a ghost too...

AH YES the tornado....doesnt it draw an entire amp or something rediculous like that?? :D its a nice fan though

Back