Suggestion: Mobile Phones section

gtg465x

2[H]4U
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I think it would be cool to have a Mobile Phones section on [H]ard|Forum. After all, mobile phones are basically mini computers these days.

It could be a section to discuss the phones themselves and the operating systems and software that run on them.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I think it would be cool to have a Mobile Phones section on [H]ard|Forum. After all, mobile phones are basically mini computers these days.

It could be a section to discuss the phones themselves and the operating systems and software that run on them.

Mobile phone stuff fits in to the Computers & Gadgets sub forum :) Please, by all means, add some life there :D

I'd say it would be more appropriate in the Mobile Computing section, but... seems like whenever suggestions are given they just get the [H]ard smackdown... wonder why that is.

HowardForums is a great place, but there's a subforum for EVERYTHING. It's overwhelming, but they've got everything covered. There are tons of knowledgeable people, including many who work for carriers.

Mobile Computing would befit smartphones better than "dumb"phones. Computers & Gadgets is a very broad category. A subforum dedicated to "phones" might defer smartphone owners to Mobile Computing. Kind of a tough call. Maybe a subforum in Mobile Computing for smartphones?

Mobile phone stuff fits in to the Computers & Gadgets sub forum :) Please, by all means, add some life there :D

Ahh, I do see some smartphone threads in there. Thanks. Unfortunately, there's only about 1 smartphone thread per page in there at best. That could be because it's not very intuitive that you would find smartphone discussion in the Computers and Gadgets subforum. The first place I thought to look was Mobile Computing, so a new subforum within Mobile Computing might not be a bad idea. Just something for the admins (or whoever makes these decisions) to think about.

If you build it, they will come. Bring the discussion there, and people will notice the threads :p

Back