Suggestion for the OT forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperclipGod

Limp Gawd
How about making the genmay forum public to view, just not to post?

tbh, I'm not really keen on subscribing to something when I have no idea what i'm getting. I mean, for all I know, the forum could be dead.

Or is the idea of the subscription access more to just support hardocp, and genmay is just a token "thanks"?

We occasionally have "sneak peek" weekends. Not sure when the next will be.

There are currently 86 people viewing GenMay. It has over 2M posts, making it by far the most active forum here.

Ahh.. cool! Thanks for the stats.

Also, a but of a nonsequitor, but instead of making another thread:
I read the rules after i joined, and it says web-based email accounts arent allowed. I signed up with a gmail account. Do I need to switch to a different email address? The rules post was from '04 though, so i'm hoping that its been deprecated...?

If it let you join with it, there's no need to change it.

Actually what they could do is make it so the forum shows up, you can see how many posts/topics, and the last post, but that's it. At least people would be able to know that it's posted into regularly.

That's not going to happen. The beauty of GenMay is that it is a closed forum....if other forum members are that curious about the goings on there, it will cost them the whopping sum of $5 for a year's membership to find out. The average number of posters in GenMay is generally around 115-130 with plenty of action to keep you entertained.

That's not going to happen. The beauty of GenMay is that it is a closed forum....if other forum members are that curious about the goings on there, it will cost them the whopping sum of $5 for a year's membership to find out. The average number of posters in GenMay is generally around 115-130 with plenty of action to keep you entertained.

I'm not trying to be argumentitive, but as a new user, the promise of "give me $5, i promise what i give you will be worth it" isn't very appealing. Letting folks see whats going on in the forum isn't devaluing the subscription... i think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who sees value in a forum they can read but not post to.

Anyway, that's all i'll say... not interested in pissing off mods my first week. ;)

Anyway, that's all i'll say... not interested in pissing off mods my first week. ;)
Well, one of your first posts here was to ask for us to make an exception to the rules and allow you to post in FS/T, like you're special because you've got heat? Big whoop. 7-0-0 with the most recent two years ago, all from anandtech where you are banned.

Not pissed off, but you have put yourself on the radar screen. ;)

Yeah... i was banned for activities on ATOT, so maybe its best if I can't access the OT forums here anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back