• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggestion for ape, flac, mp3 conversion tool.

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
4,210
I would like some suggestions for best multi-threaded tool for converting different audio formats.

I would like to standardize on FLAC and mp3 as the 2 formats I keep for both home and mobile use.

Main use will be storing my CD collection to FLAC, and also mp3 for mobile devices with limited storage.

By best, I mean, a combination of price (free is best off course), easy of use, quality, speed (hence multi threaded to make use of my 6 cores), and additionoal features.

I have yet to be able to figure out what is the best player to manage my music collection, so any advice on that would also be good.

Currently I use VLC for playing my FLAC music, and Plex for streaming, but I am open to better options on that too.

Thanks
 
Could give foobar200 a shot.

Kool, good suggestion. Trying it now.

Mind you, the default looks like crap :p

I'll spend some time later to see if I can change it to look nicer. from some screen shots online, it looks like it can.
 
mediamonkey allows you to convert from format to format on the fly. i.e convert from FLAC to mp3 as you upload to a portable device... That way you only need to store one format on your PC. Mediamonkey is free, but it's $20 to get the gold edition that gives you that feature.

I found it $20 well worth spent.
 
I think I will keep foobar2000 for now, since I prefer to keep a copy in mp3. HHD space is cheap and transfer will be qwuicker.

Besides, it is hard to beat free ;)
 
Back
Top