Suggest me something on steam (or elsewhere for download)

WalkedAirplane

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for something new to play, and I have a very particular taste in games:

- I like things quick and easy to pickup for shorter bursts
- Simpler is generally better (no deep RPGs, etc) I work fulltime and dont have time for gaming
- System requirements are of no concern, but at the same token, eye candy does not matter.

So what am I looking for? Simple - lower key games that have a lot of depth and play to them, but dont require huge timesinks.

Good examples:
- Call of Duty 4 (this is about the only shooter in the last few years I've gotten into)
- Darwinia
- Plants vs Zombies
- Grid Defense
- Trials 2
- Portal

I think that gives a general outline of my peculiar taste in games. Anyone have any suggestions? Really have the itch for something new, but just dont know what! Thanks :)

well the most popular steam game is probably counter strike source, have you ever played that?
if you like FPS such as COD4 and dont care about graphics then you might like it.

Yeah, done the counterstrike thing. Not a big shooter fan in general though - Call of Duty 4 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein are about the two most recent shooters I've enjoyed. :)

left 4 dead would probably be up your alley, if you want something thats pick up and play for short bursts....

quake live also... best game currently "on the market"... if you're good enough that is :)

well if you dont care much for FPS or RPG then what do you like?

Let's see...

Good examples:
- Call of Duty 4 (this is about the only shooter in the last few years I've gotten into)
- Darwinia
- Plants vs Zombies
- Grid Defense
- Trials 2
- Portal

I recently picked up Mirror's Edge. It's pretty different and interesting - not sure if you'll enjoy it though.

Mount&Blade

Amaaaazing game. 29$ to buy digital from them, might be able to get it on steam for less, i know they had a steam sale on it a month or so ago.

Let's see...

I recently picked up Mirror's Edge. It's pretty different and interesting - not sure if you'll enjoy it though.

Hah, thank you :)

Braid and World of Goo are exactly what I'm looking for, but alas - played both :)

I'll give Mirrors Edge a whirl, I have heard good things.

Mirror's Edge is definitely fun, but you will want to keep playing the next level until you've played the whole damn game in one night.

beyond good and evil is a good game from ubisoft. its a few years old so its cheap on steam, i think $10.

ive beaten the game 3 times...

i just beat crayon physics deluxe, maybe check that out, fairly fun game, very short though.

I would highly recommend Prototype. It's brand new so it's still $50, but if you aren't concerned with getting one of those Steam weekend deals, it's worth it.

Tf2? although the map loads are quite long, its LOADS of fun..

I bought this game Killing Floor on Steam a while. It is a $20 UT 2004 survival zombie mod, sorta like L4D. You can pretty much just jump in and play, great for a $20 game.

Seconding Beyond Good and Evil.

Will also add Ragdoll Kung-fu.

I don't like Peggle personally. There's only so many bounces a person can reasonably predict, after that they're really just shooting and leaving their fate to chance. I feel too much like a spectator, or like I'm pulling a slot machine arm. My friend loves it though, he bought it on 3 different platforms.

I love Left 4 Dead, but I don't recommend it as a game for quick fixes. It takes around an hour to finish a campaign on good teams, and average people will take 90-120 minutes. You can just pop in for a single map in a 5-map campaign, but there's no real connection to the teammates and much less satisfaction. I'm been on a pretty heavy time constraint and I haven't been able to play Left 4 Dead in quite a while. Also, Left 4 Dead 2 is coming out in november anyway, and Left 4 Dead will be left for dead:p

Back