Suggest me a VGA cooler...

buzzard34

Gawd
Ok so my fan is dying, according to this thread. So now I'm looking for something to replace my current GPU fan. The zalman looks nice, but I'm not spending any more than what that costs. If you got a good (and cheaper) suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :D

go with the zalman. cheap ass arctic coolers crack too many cores. it would be hard to explain to a retailer and/or manufacturer how you cracked the core if you attempted an rma (that is, if you were inclined to do such an awful thing like that. rma i mean)
good luck

very truly yours,
politenessman

IceWind said:
Sounds like you already made up your mind then.
If you tell me why the artic is better than those two then I will consider it. Its just that someone previously mentioned that Artics may be dangerous for your card.:D

stryder2720 said:
Zalman VF700-Cu or Al

Get the VF700AlCu....LOTS lighter than the full copper, cools almost identically, and costs less....dropped my load temps 10c or better....

buzzard34 said:
I'm looking for a fan cooler, not a liquid-cooling block smartass.:rolleyes:

It's too bad people aren't of a higher moral fiber to just ignore you after you're mean to joking senior members. Don't forget to join the "kiddies ruining hard forum" club to your sig.

TheRapture said:
Get the VF700AlCu....LOTS lighter than the full copper, cools almost identically, and costs less....dropped my load temps 10c or better....
I'm hoping to get the one w/ blue LEDS for cheap...because I like pretty lights.:D

buzzard34 said:
If you tell me why the artic is better than those two then I will consider it. Its just that someone previously mentioned that Artics may be dangerous for your card.:D

Probably cause the person was a dumbass and didn't propery seat the cooler.

Arctics have these advantages

1. Eliminates hot air directly out the case, reducing case pollution and cooler running card for more OC head

2. Very quiet fan operation, bigger fan= slower rpm= less noise'

3. 5 Year warranty on the fans. If it goes back, Arctic replaces it, no questions asked

4. Direct heat exhaust system kicks ass, did I mention that?

..I'd like to get one for my 7800gtx's ..or maybe even 2 of them for each card ..who knows...

But I don't think they officially have them for the 7800's yet ..... :confused:

IceWind said:

1. Eliminates hot air directly out the case, reducing case pollution and cooler running card for more OC head

3. 5 Year warranty on the fans. If it goes back, Arctic replaces it, no questions asked

Ok very convicing :D

IceWind said:

Done! I just bought one off Newegg, now I can play the waiting game.:p

Mr. Stryker said:

Screw that and the Fatal1ty line. I cant stand him anymore. Big freakin whoop. First Abit, then Creative, now Zalman. Ill dont have any of his products nor will I ever buy any of them. If you want a good GPU cooler, listen to what these other guys are saying. Liquid cooling is great, but if your not in the area for that, the other Zalman is great along with Thermalrights V-1. Heatpipe technology is great and should not be overlooked but Zalmans AlCu is a great competitor.

IceWind said:
If its a Visa, run it as Credit card
NVM, it came thru this morning. :D

IceWind, you've been a great help with this and I hope the Artic works out as well as you says it does.

buzzard34 said:
NVM, it came thru this morning. :D

IceWind, you've been a great help with this and I hope the Artic works out as well as you says it does.

It will, just be sure to follow the installtion instructions to the letter. Oh, and pick up some AS5 for maximum benefit, don't use the crap they give you with it.

IceWind said:
It will, just be sure to follow the installtion instructions to the letter. Oh, and pick up some AS5 for maximum benefit, don't use the crap they give you with it.
Don't use the thermal paste that comes with it? why?

setscrew said:
The Zalman VF-700cu is a great cooler with a very easy installation.
Its a little late for that now, I already bought the Artic Cooler. :rolleyes: Thanks for the suggestion.

I avoid that fatal1ty crap like a sick chick with the clap.

The pictures of that dorks face on the side of a X800 or whatever that was still crack me up though.

the zalman one or the arctic cooling one. both great coolers, whatever some benchmarks say they are both excellent and much of a muchness, so it is purely down to taste and price.
take your pick
f

The Zalman VF-700Cu (LED edition also) would have been the better choice imo. Lots and lots of happy Zalman users here.

Budzman said:
I avoid that fatal1ty crap like a sick chick with the clap.

The pictures of that dorks face on the side of a X800 or whatever that was still crack me up though.

Exactly my point.

Back