Suggest Me A Mobo

PolygonGTC

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to upgrade to an i7 and I was going to go with an 860 and the MSI P55-GD80 and I really liked this combo until I couldn't find more than a couple of aftermarket coolers.

So, I'd like to go with the 920 and I can't decide on a mobo. It looks like a lot of the mobos, at least on Newegg, are a crap shoot unless you want to spend more than $200 and I really don't.

So, I want to hear your opinion. Especially if you have a 1366 socket board.

EDIT: No micro-ATX please.

i'd say spend the extra money and go with a higher Asus model, like the P6T Deluxe V2, or even a triple-SLI model. you might regret going with the lower end because you will miss a feature here and there. but i have the P6T Deluxe and it is the most reliable mobo i have ever had. OCs like a dream. try one!

Asus P6TSE LGA1366 $200.00
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-P6TSE

10% Coupon Code: BLACKFRIDAY

20.00MIR

160.00AR

That's not bad. I'll have to check that board out.

i'd say spend the extra money and go with a higher Asus model, like the P6T Deluxe V2, or even a triple-SLI model. you might regret going with the lower end because you will miss a feature here and there. but i have the P6T Deluxe and it is the most reliable mobo i have ever had. OCs like a dream. try one!

Yeah, but it's $300. That's pretty steep. I'll check it out but it better do some pretty spectacular stuff for that price.

I second the P6T SE. Fantastic board. Unbeatable in the low-mid range price bracket IMO.

I have one. Another friend of mine also has one. Positive experiences all around for a price that doesn't break the bank.

As for going with high end boards, its pretty much useless IMO (unless you absolutely need SLI). Overclocking is the same, reliability is the same, and quality is the same. You just get a few more things included in the board that from my experience, most people don't even use.

I second the P6T SE. Fantastic board. Unbeatable in the low-mid range price bracket IMO.

I have one. Another friend of mine also has one. Positive experiences all around for a price that doesn't break the bank.

As for going with high end boards, its pretty much useless IMO (unless you absolutely need SLI). Overclocking is the same, reliability is the same, and quality is the same. You just get a few more things included in the board that from my experience, most people don't even use.

sometimes you gotta pay more to get a color coordinated PC ;). Me for example will likely spend the slight bit more money to get an EVGA SLI-LE so it's all black to match everything else.

if you are still interested in the S1336, I'd look at the evga offerings, they have some that accept a S775 cooler as well as the S1366.

if you are still interested in the S1336, I'd look at the evga offerings, they have some that accept a S775 cooler as well as the S1366.

The P6T and P6T SE also support S775 coolers. But it shouldn't really be an issue because there is a wide supply of S1366 coolers.

I went with the P6T Deluxe V2 as a first time builder. I figured a PC is only as fast as your slowest component so I opted to spend the extra cash ($275 + tax -boo CA- with an old Newegg promo code). But maybe I fell for some marketing hype.

I would look at the EVGA x58 LE for $199 after MIR.

Asus mobo's ftw, their bios is nicer than EVGA or Gigabyte imo, and everything else is obviously superb coming from them.

Back