• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggest a wireless router for me

dark_light

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
89
Hi

i need an n wireless router for my internet and data transfer .
i want to use internet in two houses which are about 25 feet away from each other. there will be a couple of concrete walls i between the laptop and wireless router so i need something that could work in that range.
i was thinking about linksys e2000 but i don't know if it would work at 5Ghz in this range with such hurdles.
 
I don't think 5GHz will work for you. Can you deal with 2.4GHz?

Also you should consider getting some repeaters as well. Also, do you have a budget? If you have a fairly high budget for a router, I highly recommend the WNDR3700, I came from a WRT54G and the WNDR3700 has been excellent.
 
ditch the wi-fi. Run cabling between the houses :D
but nah if u really need wi-fi I agree with 450 the WNDR3700 does a good job.
 
WNDR3700 is the best you can get right now. If you can't afford that look at the WNDR3500 or the Asus rt n16.
 
WNDR3700 has quality issues that have supposidly been addressed with the wndr37av but they look the EXACT SAME to me.

And I can not believe the hype over the dir-655. Older Netgear wireless routers are put to shame by how crappy these are. I just don't get it. The one I was using for testing is now in a land fill.

I second the Asus rt-n16. Or to throw some super cheap and powerful routers into the mix, check out the buffalo nfiniti series. Not the fastest on the block, but they would be great and stable wds nodes and already come with dd-wrt pre-installed.
 
Back
Top