Suggest a PSU please

greatchap

Weaksauce
Hello Everyone,

I have purchased the following PC components :

-Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo)
-MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS LGA 1151 (300 Series-)
-G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes, 120mm Silencio Fan
-GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G Graphics Card, 2 x WINDFORCE Fans, 6GB 192-Bit GDDR6

The only thing that is missing is a PSU. Request you to recommend me one. However my budget for the PSU is around $50.

So which PSU should I buy and how much watt should I go for ?

Thank you,

Cheers,
GR

It is not available here. Please recommend in either corsair or cooler master.

It is not available here. Please recommend in either corsair or cooler master.

Where is 'here'? Putting that kind of information in your first post along with your brand preferences/constraints would help others provide you with relevant suggestions.

That said: I'd probably grab a Corsair TX550M or CX550 for that build, maybe a TX650M or CX650 if I planned to upgrade the GPU in the future. But $50 is pretty tight for a PSU considering it's the most important part of a PC.

You are right Ryan. I should invest more in a PSU.

You are saying Corsair TX550M or CX550 or TX650M or CX650. Anyway more suggestions.

B.T.W: I live in India.

considering no one really makes their own inhouse products, just find the best mfgs with the best in country sales support for your region.
jonnyguru FWIW use that site, since very thorough in depth testing.

considering no one really makes their own inhouse products, just find the best mfgs with the best in country sales support for your region.
jonnyguru FWIW use that site, since very thorough in depth testing.

As did this site up until April of this year. There's also these guys. They're the previous [H] reviewers, and wanted to continue providing hardware reviews. You may want to check them out.

I`d also invest in a decent UPS to minimize the crap power that the PSU cannot really protect your pc from, depending on your location

Reviews for Cooler Master Masterwatt 550W are okay and its within budget as well. Is it worth going for? Otherwise will look into Corsair models as discussed in post.

I don't like to recommend budget PSU's but you asked. Like I said that one doesn't look too bad from the review I read.

Antec has some good ps for the money and the reviews are not bad. The more expensive ones are usually very good.

I did some searching but got confused. Request you to please suggest 2 or 3 models for Corsair or Cooler Master which you think is worth going for.

Thank you

What kind of support experiences does OP have for Corsair, or Cooler Master in your region is imp. If you recommend one brand, thats great in your region but terrible in OPs region kinda of waste.

Thank you guys for your help. I have purchased Corsair TX650M PSU.

I also got Cooler Master MB511 RGB case/pc cabinet. When installing PSU will fan face down or up. I think it should be down because if I make it face up then there is the plate/long thing which may cause obstruction. Let me know if you can. :)

You are correct. PSU fan should face down. There are vent holes on the bottom of the case where the PSU can draw air in.
upload_2019-6-8_19-20-40.png

I don't know...Cooler Master's newer units they haven't went into much detail with internals...But I think they ditched the dual front shit...there's 800-900w units that don't even have a dual front...so they have huge props...that's ripple killer shit right there....and Rubycon is some better shit and aged well and things like ESR...they might be better than some Chemicon...
Or you can spec and or get some like good Xunda's also seen them do ok.

I also gave Paul the complete body of my testing equipment as well. So the PSU reviews should line up very well.

Well, the equipment (see the first review) is not all that you gave me that should make things line up very well. There is some content (see the first review), years of advice, years of mentorship, a balanced perspective on how the market is (when I tend to be prone to my own excesses), what readers are looking for in content, and the encouragement to keep on doing this. I owe you a lot.

Well, the equipment (see the first review) is not all that you gave me that should make things line up very well. There is some content (see the first review), years of advice, years of mentorship, a balanced perspective on how the market is (when I tend to be prone to my own excesses), what readers are looking for in content, and the encouragement to keep on doing this. I owe you a lot.
giphy (1).gif

Also vote for the EVGA. They seem to have a very good RMA department, if needed.

Just goes to show that even though Kyle can be a hard ass motherfucker he's generous and fair as well.

(No offense to Kyle meant at all.)

They do...Sent me a Brand new FTWK...like awhile back. That first one was hung on some Post codes.

I would pick a 700 or 800w module, just to be more future proof for low more bucks. EVGA psu's have been rock solid for me. Hope it helps.

Back