Suggest a P2P program.

Secular

n00b
Earlier my gf asked me to install Kazaa on my system for her. Now I have no p2p software at all on here, and am a wary of putting something unknown on my computer. Is Kazaa the best option as far as for use and lack of spyware, etc, or should I try something else?

TIA

Unless they went legit and changed it, Kazaa used to be horrible and was absolutely filled with spyware, so people used Kazaa Lite instead.

I would recommend checking out Ares instead of either of those though.

Just my opinion, but trusting any p2p a little risky..... and I think it's probably not something you want to discuss on a public forum anyhow.

If you want Torrents, uTorrent is the best way to go IMO. Pretty light.

If you want a more user-friendly app that downloads the straight file, Limewire is about the best you can hope for, but because it is so user-friendly, a ton of crap on it.

Along those lines, I know torrents well. I've gone through a lot of torrent programs and I think I've settled on utorrent. I originally liked it because it was just so light weight and did everything I wanted it to (no install even), but now, even as it's still lighter than any alternative, it has a lot of great features that other programs miss out on.

For file sharing, however, on my other computer Soulseek and Limewire were hanging around, and they were capable, but I'm now trying to find a program that is really smooth, supported, and goes multi-network (gnutella, gnutella2, fast track, ares). Ideally, it would be completely clean, good development behind it, and be able to download from a bunch of networks. Light weight is huge want, an uninvasive program.

Back