Sufficient cooling..

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
1,132
I am going to be purchasing a AMD-M Barton 2500+ for my Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 along with OCZ EL DDR400 1GB Kit or Buffulo Technology 2x 512MB DDR400 CH5 chips.

My question is what cooling should I use for a quiet yet powerfull Overclocking system, I have chose the Thermelright SP-97 for the heatsink and
92MM Enermax 34.3db 64.1CFM, will this be sufficient for hitting ~2.6Ghz speeds at LOW tempuratures?

If anyone has expeirence with a system similar to this, please share your results.
[:SlaYa:]
 
If your bleesed with a super chip then you wont have much trouble hitting 2.6 Ghz while being quiet on air. But if you aren't then u may be stuck at 2.4-2.5 unless you opt for a louder air cooling system.

But your best bet to attain 2.6Ghz with low noise is water cooling.
 
Back
Top