Sudden Problems with Asus A8V Deluxe and Athlon FX-55, need help!

JagVR4

Weaksauce
Hey guys,
I built this computer about 9 months ago. It ran for about 6 to 7 months until one day I was in Windows and the thing froze up on me. I restarted and all that happened was my fans and everything else came on but I hear no beep to indicate POST and the screen stays blank and the green monitor power LED flashed on and off continuosly. My keyboard and mouse also wouldn't work (lights weren't coming on(I got a friends power supply and tried it but same turnout). I took the system down to just the video card, memory, and CPU but still no dice.

I RMA'd the mobo (Asus A8V Deluxe) and I just put the new one in tonight. I hooked everything up and turned it on. My monitor flashed on and displayed "digital", and then flashed "digital" several times like it was getting a signal. Finally it went back to what it did before I RMA'd the mobo which is the screen is just blank and the monitor power light is green and flashes on and off continuosly. I plugged in headphones to see if it was playing any post messages (where the voice tells you what is wrong) but it wasn't saying anything. The green LED light that is on the mothboard lights up green when I plug the power in and responds to the Power Switch...

Is it possible that I have a bad CPU? Or is something shorting out my mobo like the power supply? It appeared like the new mobo was going to work for a second when it said "digital" but then it went back to the same old same old.

I need some major help to get this figured out!
-Thanks again for any info/help!

-Jag

Systems Specs:
Athlon FX-55 Socket 939
Asus A8V Deluxe
2GB Corsair XMS Memory
WD SATA RAID 120GB HD

Back