Sudden Power-off

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
7,441
Whenever I push my pc beyond idle it will shutoff in some power save mode. Any game I play about 5 min in, it will shut off. Any benchmark, or disk cleanup, defrag, etc... shuts off. I thought HSF at first, but temps look ok (where in windows do i check this ?) then I thought PSU, just swapped it out for another backup on I had, same thing.

I never had any of these problems when I had my pc in a smaller old ass beige atx case. But once I moved it to my larger case with 8 fans, and waaaaay better cooling, this started to happen ...

suggestions ? specs in my sig.

EDIT .. I'm hearing it could be my older Maxtor 60hd crappin out. Ive got about 7gb left free, but it only dies on high load. People have told me they've had the same happen on a dying hd?

anyone ???
 
Update your bios.. that usually happens when your CPU reaches (or on my mobo atleast) "100Celsius"... , which is highly unlikely that it will ever reach. First, immeadiatley after it shuts off, check your CPU, if its really hot.. you know you have a problem, and its not the mobo.. but if its cold as ice, then call up your mobo company.
 
Back
Top