Sudden Creative Audigy 2 Problem

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
2,744
I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - and Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra... they worked happily together until late (cant pinpoint exact time) - where my audio is suddenly only 2 channels. Every setting on my computer is set to 5.1, the speaker wire is properly connected, and the wires are properly connected to the sound card. I tried reinstalling the Creative 2 ZS Driver, etc thinking that might be the culprit. But I'm still left with 2 channel sound. The diagnostic utility passes all, and when I use a speaker "test" or calibration, i only hear sound out of the left and right channels.. any ideas?
 
Have you downloaded updated drivers from Creative?

Try going to their website and getting the updated driver from them, not the ones on the disk.
 
weird.. it had something to do with the control unit. unplugged it, and replugged it.. and i get all channels now...
 
Back
Top